18-34: 1.7 rating
Viewers: 5.950 million

8:30
18-49: 2.5 rating
18-34: 1.9 rating
Viewers: 6.276 million

Now How do I read this?

On Edit:
I did some more poking around at TvBytheNumbers.Com and found out the the 8:00 & 8:30 are times(I guess in Eastern and Pacific) and 18-49 & 18-34 are age groups the Rating is Percentage of Viewers in that age group. For example at 8:00 2.2% of all 18-49 year-olds were watching NBC(Chuck). (these numbers are only live)

Last edited:
im guessing 1 section is female and the other male...

from what i remember a 2.5 is decent, but there are many other factors besides ratings alone.

Why would the numbers change? Who watches half of an hour show? This makes no sense to me.

Well (I hate to admin this but,) I did watch BBT before watching Chuck so I would be one of the ones that changed the channel(started the DVR) at 8:30. I fugured that I would n't have to wait through the commercials.

people will tune in in the second half waiting on the next show (heroes) to come on. Also, if they only capture it on the half hour mark, some people may tune in 5 minutes late.

Well (I hate to admin this but,) I did watch BBT before watching Chuck so I would be one of the ones that changed the channel(started the DVR) at 8:30. I fugured that I would n't have to wait through the commercials.

I can understand if you DVR it, but I don' t thing those numbers count DVR recordings.

The quick results do not count DVRs. The 18-49 age group is most important. But equally important is how it fared against its competition.

Since much of the demographic a show like Chuck targets would be using a DVR or watching online, it's a shame those numbers aren't included. I vaguely remember reading somewhere DVR numbers are included if the show is viewed within 2 days of the original air date. Of course, those couldn't be counted in overnight figures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts