Raycom acquires KVHP Fox 29 Lake Charles from National Communications for 2 million

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
One thing that doesnt make sense...and maybe Trip can elaborate......I thought the FCC was doing away with JSA's/SSA's/LMA's???

Especially in the smaller markets (Lake Charles is only a 3 full powered station market)

Yeah I seen where American Spirit was the owner. Sorry. However look for the possible escape addition. Its on a few of their stations as well as cozi, grit, and bounce. I read somethimg about sharing transmitter service with kplc. Hey i guess that would mean i could get access to it.

I read somethimg about sharing transmitter service with kplc.
correct. They will share the tower. That is very common especially in larger markets.

Hey i guess that would mean i could get access to it.
with them moving the station east it is possible. But unknown yet (havent seen any coverage map for the new location).
The main reason KVHP was built where it is was to serve both Beaumont and Lake Charles. Then they (KVHP's owner) created KUIL-LP for Beaumont (channel 64) mainly for local programming and Cowboys games (picked it up via free to air).

Wonder if Nexstar might get irritated IF it does really trounce into Lafayette proper (therefore giving competition to their FOX station). Right now it doesnt
http://rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=1291036&map=Y

But they could complain to the FCC possibly....

But with the transmitter getting moved that far east it is possible it would. But would they use the same power as they currently use (which is 1 million watts) or drop it down as they would cover Lake Charles better.

Here are the pdf's of some of the FCC documents (the link above didnt work)

Attachments

• exhibit_290861881.pdf
    9.7 MB · Views: 171
  • exhibit_842438029.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 179
  • exhibit_1207881862.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 307
correct. They will share the tower. That is very common especially in larger markets.

with them moving the station east it is possible. But unknown yet (havent seen any coverage map for the new location).
The main reason KVHP was built where it is was to serve both Beaumont and Lake Charles. Then they (KVHP's owner) created KUIL-LP for Beaumont (channel 64) mainly for local programming and Cowboys games (picked it up via free to air).

Wonder if Nexstar might get irritated IF it does really trounce into Lafayette proper (therefore giving competition to their FOX station). Right now it doesnt
http://rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=1291036&map=Y

But they could complain to the FCC possibly....

But with the transmitter getting moved that far east it is possible it would. But would they use the same power as they currently use (which is 1 million watts) or drop it down as they would cover Lake Charles better.
sounds good thanks. Nexstar will be fine, they have enough to do with their Media General project. However this would be the second station with a FOX/CW as I can get FOX44/WBRL21 CW our of Baton Rouge. I read the American Sprit wiki site and if they launch subchannels then I could get Escape on KVHP off the KPLC Transmitter....Looking at both stations contour the KVHP would almost be the same distance as it is now but a little more north and east....

But again we don't know exactly how the new transmitter will be at the KPLC site. Will it have the same parameters (power, pattern) as it does now (just moved east) or will they change the parameters. Havent seen any info on it other than "the station will move to the KPLC tower"

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Havent seen any info on it other than "the station will move to the KPLC tower"

I didn't exactly scour the documentation, but I haven't even seen that much. All I've seen is that Raycom will be buying the existing tower site of KVHP. Where are you guys seeing this?

- Trip

I didn't exactly scour the documentation, but I haven't even seen that much. All I've seen is that Raycom will be buying the existing tower site of KVHP. Where are you guys seeing this?

- Trip
I know Raycom is buying the land and the tower but I thought I read in the FCC document (which I linked above) there was notion of it moving to the KPLC tower. But I could be wrong

I know Raycom is buying the land and the tower but I thought I read in the FCC document (which I linked above) there was notion of it moving to the KPLC tower. But I could be wrong

But why would they buy the land just to move KVHP off the tower? If they were doing that, wouldn't they have sold the land/tower to a tower company instead?

- Trip

I see nothing that says that KVHP is moving. Instead, Raycom will buy the existing KVHP tower, land and buildings, and become landlord to KVHP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)