Raycom to produce all SEC Football Games in HD This Season

I just hope they get my local channels in HD by then so I can watch them in HD.

Thats great news about the Hd games coming this fall.I live in Birmingham Alabama and my cable provider Charter and Dish network doesnt provide that particular channel in hd yet.I can pick up WTTO-21 by OTA but only get about a 65% signal and it drops out alot.I hope one of these providers get it before football season starts.Maybe the TIDE can roll this year:D

according to this article from Louisiana: 2theadvocate.com | LSU Sports | Raycom hopes to continue SEC ties — Baton Rouge, LA

"Rayburn said all of Raycom’s SEC football games, and most of its SEC basketball games, will be televised in high-definition this coming season."

Hopefully ESPN GamePlan will televise them in HD also.

At this point, HD is the only thing that could save Gameplan. The package is so thin now and without HD it's lacking alot of value. Hopefully this will spur the Regional ABC games to be in HD.

Soooooooo.
Where do you find Raycom on your local satellite ?

Doesn't the SEC already have a contract with CBS ?

Jimbo

Raycom productions are usually found on local network stations. Although, recently and in areas like Boston and Baltimore/DC you can find the games on NESN, CSN NE or CSN Mid-Atlantic.

Soooooooo.

Jimbo

Raycom does the local syndication of football and basketball games for the SEC and ACC similar to what ESPN+ used to do for the Big Ten. Outside the SEC or ACC territory, as applicable, you need ESPN GamePlan to receive Raycom produced games.

raycomsports.com=

Raycom does the local syndication of football and basketball games for the SEC and ACC similar to what ESPN+ used to do for the Big Ten. Outside the SEC or ACC territory, as applicable, you need ESPN GamePlan to receive Raycom produced games.

raycomsports.com=

Also, the past few years the Raycom produced SEC games have been streamed online for free through Yahoo Sports.

Soooooooo.

Jimbo

Yes, and the ACC has a contract with ABC.

CBS and ABC get first dibs, then ESPN, and then Raycom gets the leftovers.

Gives those of us living in the Southeast a chance to see what Duke's football stadium looks like. :)

Raycom did select its first three weeks of SEC games. Oddly, no CBS or ESPN selections were announced.

8/30 - Hawai'i at Florida
9/6 - Southern Miss at Auburn
9/13 - UAB at Tennessee

Also, Raycom will televise the Egg Bowl (Miss. St. at Ole Miss) on Thanksgiving Friday.

Raycom did select its first three weeks of SEC games. Oddly, no CBS or ESPN selections were announced.

8/30 - Hawai'i at Florida
9/6 - Southern Miss at Auburn
9/13 - UAB at Tennessee

Also, Raycom will televise the Egg Bowl (Miss. St. at Ole Miss) on Thanksgiving Friday.

Wow, is this the first time raycom has done so many out of conference games and starting this early in the season? I ask because it seems these games either go on CSS or PPV.

Wow, is this the first time raycom has done so many out of conference games and starting this early in the season? I ask because it seems these games either go on CSS or PPV.

Yeah, it is the most that I know of.

On the flipside, the SEC usually schedules enough conference games early in the year to have Raycom/JPS/LFS pick up those games. Not so this year.

Raycom bought the sports production arm of Lincoln Financial in December of 2007 and all SEC telecasts in basketball this past season were Raycom Sports productions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)