RC71 is driving me nuts!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vxooxv

Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
USA
I've had the same RC71 and wireless genie in the same room for multiple years.

Suddendly the remotes loses connection. Guide and so forth does nothing. I can see the blue on the box quasi blink though when I hit buttons.

I do the mute + enter trick. It says applying RF whatever. I can hit ok. Guide / List etc does nothing.

I feel like I'm in a never ending loop.

From time to time I can hard reset the box via yanking power and it seems it'll hold signal for a couple hours. Same start the next day. Nadia.

Changed batteries too.

The only thing I can think of is I got a new smart tv. Maybe that has something to do with it?? So frustrating.

Any help appreciated.

Correction. This one isn't a wireless genie. It's a C41-700.

I've had the same RC71 and wireless genie in the same room for multiple years.

Suddendly the remotes loses connection. Guide and so forth does nothing. I can see the blue on the box quasi blink though when I hit buttons.

I do the mute + enter trick. It says applying RF whatever. I can hit ok. Guide / List etc does nothing.

I feel like I'm in a never ending loop.

From time to time I can hard reset the box via yanking power and it seems it'll hold signal for a couple hours. Same start the next day. Nadia.

Changed batteries too.

The only thing I can think of is I got a new smart tv. Maybe that has something to do with it?? So frustrating.

Any help appreciated.

Have you tried to isolate if the remote itself is failing, perhaps by programming one from another room to this client receiver and trying it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts