RE: Dish Net channels by satellite source?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Popps

Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Multnomah County, OR
So, I'm getting the free Showtime preview right now and my Showtime HD channels are going in and out. The SD channels come in no problem. Not noticing any problems with any other HD or SD channels. Is there a resource out there that lists all dish net channels and from which satellite they originate? Based on my signals here (110 signal = 70%, 119 signal = 60%, 129 = 52%), maybe Showtime HD is on 129?

I'm using a stone age VIP 722 receiver. Anyone know the typical signal threshold to get a consistent watchable signal on this or any DISH receivers?

Thanks!

So, I'm getting the free Showtime preview right now and my Showtime HD channels are going in and out. The SD channels come in no problem. Not noticing any problems with any other HD or SD channels. Is there a resource out there that lists all dish net channels and from which satellite they originate? Based on my signals here (110 signal = 70%, 119 signal = 60%, 129 = 52%), maybe Showtime HD is on 129?

I'm using a stone age VIP 722 receiver. Anyone know the typical signal threshold to get a consistent watchable signal on this or any DISH receivers?

Thanks!
Looks like your 119 is way low. Either it's being blocked by something, or the Dish is warped or that "eye" has water in it or something similar

Reactions: charlesrshell
129 is only going to be in the 50's that is actually pretty good.
119 should be in the high 70's low 80's

Last edited:
119 is low? What about 129? Should've mentioned I'm using a 3-LNB oval dish that DISH put up about 6 months ago. I'm located at 123 west.

Thanks for the feedback
129 is about right. 110 and 119 should both be in the 70's. 129 is normally in the 50's, For whatever reason, the dish seems like it just needs to be peaked

Reactions: charlesrshell
129 is about right. 110 and 119 should both be in the 70's. 129 is normally in the 50's, For whatever reason, the dish seems like it just needs to be peaked
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a little dish tweaking is in order.

Anyone know what satellite DishNet uses for Showtime HD channels?

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a little dish tweaking is in order.

Anyone know what satellite DishNet uses for Showtime HD channels?
If you have a hopper, tune to a Showtime channel (or a Wally) and hit info, Recall. On Eastern Arc, it's 72