Ready for "new" HD package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

moonwolf22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I am ready to install a second dish to receive 61.5 feed. I bought a new 722 a month or so ago and was hit with the "$7 HD enabling fee" because I was told that I didn't have all the correct sat. feeds for this new receiver. I've had the $9.99/month HD package for the last two years that is tied to my 811, which I was going to replace with the 722 until I was told I would have no HD until I installed all the correct sat. feeds. So I kept the 811 on the account(got rid of a 311 in upstairs bedroom) so I could keep the "not available anymore" HD package. They couldn't deny me HD if I kept the 811. I currently have a 121 super dish pointing at 110,121,119 using a DP 34 switch. Second dish,(500), will replace 121 feed with 61.5.

Some questions:

Does it matter which feed goes to which input on the DP34? System info currently showing 110,121,119 in that order. I'm assuming I just replace 121 (middle input on switch?) with the new 61.5 feed and do a check switch. Correct?

If I call Dish and ask for the "new" $9.99 HD package after hooking up 61.5, will I still be charged the HD enabling fee?

Will my 811 still be able to receive the same HD channels as it always did, or will the new mpeg-4 HD channels provided by 61.5 screw it up?

I love this site. Before I call Dish with questions, I search or ask for help here first. At least I'll have some instructions "in plain english" when trying to get my point accross with some CR who can't even speak it.Thanks!

Wow, I am heavily confused.

The HD Enabling fee is generally charged when you do not subscribe to HD programming in order to receive your local HD OTA.

Do you currently subscribe to a Top-XXX pack? If so, you would be able to subscribe to the HD Essentials pack to add HD to your regular pack, and should have been able to do so all along.

There are a couple of channels you wouldn't get if you don't have 129 or 61.5, but most are there already and you should have been able to subscribe to the $9.99 pack without adding 61.5

The HD Enabling fee is generally charged when you do not subscribe to HD programming in order to receive your local HD OTA.

he has just the old MPEG2 110 HD pack so when he got the 722 they probably socked him the "you dont have a NEW HD pack so we're gonna make you bend over and pay more" fee :D

I currently have a 121 super dish pointing at 110,121,119 using a DP 34 switch. Second dish,(500), will replace 121 feed with 61.5.
do you have anything on 121? Or were your locals on 121 and have since moved to 110?

Does it matter which feed goes to which input on the DP34? System info currently showing 110,121,119 in that order. I'm assuming I just replace 121 (middle input on switch?) with the new 61.5 feed and do a check switch. Correct?
I honestly would go 119, 110, 61.5 (ports 1,2,3) but as long as 119 is oin port 1 you should be OK. So yes just swap 121 for 61.5 and redo check switch on all boxes.

If I call Dish and ask for the "new" $9.99 HD package after hooking up 61.5, will I still be charged the HD enabling fee?
no. Just tell them you have a dish at 61.5 now

Will my 811 still be able to receive the same HD channels as it always did, or will the new mpeg-4 HD channels provided by 61.5 screw it up?
oh boy. I have a feeling you will lose the MPEG2 package (what the 811 gets) when you upgrade but dont quote me on that. Someone might know

do you have anything on 121? Or were your locals on 121 and have since moved to 110?

Everthing has been moved from 121. Nothing on 121 anymore.

I honestly would go 119, 110, 61.5 (ports 1,2,3) but as long as 119 is oin port 1 you should be OK. So yes just swap 121 for 61.5 and redo check switch on all boxes.

So the way my ports are now(110,121,119) have been wrong alll this time? I'm assuming that the order that they show on the system info screen is the order they are attached to the switch. 119 should always be first?

I currently have the "everything" pack with locals and all the movie packs.

oh boy. I have a feeling you will lose the MPEG2 package (what the 811 gets) when you upgrade but dont quote me on that. Someone might know

Is there anyone out there that has both a 811 and 722 on their account? Does your 811 still get the MPEG2 HD channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts