Reallocating availble recording hours from SD to HD

romans8:28

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Reallocating available recording hours from SD to HD

Is there a way to do this?

I hate having 300-400 SD hours, and only 30 HD hours...

Who use SD hours anymore?

Um, I think you are misunderstanding this. You do not have 300-400 hours of SD and 30 hours of HD. You have 300-400 hours of SD or 30 hours of HD. One will affect the other. You need to move some of your saved material to gain more space on the hard drive. You can do that with an external hard drive, if you have a compatible DVR or delete some programming.

Um, I think you are misunderstanding this. You do not have 300-400 hours of SD and 30 hours of HD. You have 300-400 hours of SD or 30 hours of HD. One will affect the other. You need to move some of your saved material to gain more space on the hard drive. You can do that with an external hard drive, if you have a compatible DVR or delete some programming.

Dang... Now do I feel stupid...

For some reason I had not noticed the hours going up/down for both types of programing as recordings were added/deleted in one of the areas.

Thanks for your help in defogging my brain ;)

Don't feel bad because when you delete an SD recording, there will be almost NO CHANGE in available HD recording display because SD takes up so little space on the HDD compared to HD. Now, when you delete an HD program, the SD availability number will change a lot.

How to use Record Link on vip722

1000.2 and dish pro (not dish pro +)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)