Really Bizarre, Hopper Kangaroo Logo at Bottom of Screen

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Ok here's a new one... so I was watching Conspirator tonight on Epix (HD) and I noticed mid way through the movie the Kangaroo Hopper logo on the bottom left of the screen on the black bar. I have not noticed this since the 8 days I have had the system. I said to myself "what is the with the new update that they put the hopper logo on movies/shows now?". So then I hit the button for the top and button info bars to see if it would go away and it did not. But what was weird was when I hit cancel for the bars to go away, the first cancel made the bottom bar go away first (like normal), then the second cancel made the top bar go away (as normal) then I hit the cancel again and the logo went away but then came back a second later. I did the same sequence and it went away again. Finally after a few minutes of trying that again it went away permanently. Anyone else notice this? Any idea why this happened? Is it a shade of things to come where everything we watch will contain the hopper logo?

Jay

Press "cancel" to make it go away. It's a useless notification that some engineer thought users would want to be aware of.

I don't think it's totally useless. I thought the point of it was to tell you someone else "hopped" on to your tuner. This way if someone is spying on you while you're watching skinemax you will at least know it. If you're gonna get yelled at for watching something it doesn't hurt to know it ahead of time. I agree though you should be able to turn this notification off if you want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts