Really need superdish?

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Do I really need a super dish to get my locals? ok it does look cool but I really don't want it on my roof so I would rather go the multi sat option because we tend to get a lot of wind and putting it on the ground isn't an option. On dishnetworks site when I put in my address it says I need a superdish. Can I put an additional dish up instead and point it at the correct bird? Then use a switch to add it to my dish 500 systems? Another question, a friend of mine has an old dish network dish...it doesn't even say dish 300 on it it was probally an original dish network dish. Can I use that to point to the one satellite that I need and tie that into my dish 500 system or is it too outdated? I really only need to use it to point to sat my locals are on. thanks for any help!

Yes, You need a superdish (or at least one as big). The main reasons are the satellite used are lower powered and also to reduce interferance from other nearby satellites.

Brian -

You can put up a second dish with a Ku-band LNBF. Do a search here for "Poor Man's Superdish" and you will find everything you need to do it. If the two-dish solution works better for you than the Superdish you should have the option to go that route. I don't know why Dish is being so stubborn about this. At least they are activating locals for people who can figure out how to do it themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts