Really odd thing happened with installation of 622

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
I just found out this weekend that the old 3800 (3900 updated) receiver I have in my kids room failed to pick up the Disney channels after my 622 was installed back in mid-february. I was checking it out and found out that the receiver isn't even seeing the 119 satellite. My kids only noticed that the Disney channels were gone, but there are a whole lot more missing than just those. All the other receivers in the house get all three sats; 110, 119, and 129. What would cause one receiver not to pick up one satellite?

P.S. - I called Dish and a tech is coming out on Wednesday to take a look. I have done a reboot as well as a couple of check switch tests. It didn't help.

What did the tech find, my guess is either they upgraded you to DishPro lnbs/switches with which the 3800 isn't compatible. If they used DishPro+ the 3800 should have worked. Just curious.

Brad

He was unable to locate anything wrong with the cabling. He switched it out with a 301 he had on his truck and it got all three sats. He determined that something had gone wrong inside the 3800 and it was just malfunctioning. He asked if I wanted to see if they would just let him swap it out with a new receiver, but I just opted to take our 510 from the living room and put it in the kids room. They have been wanting DVR capabilities anyway and since we never really used the 510 in the living room anymore, it worked out fine. And, I got to drop off an extra receiver from my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)