Reasons to Buy an ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV Tuner Now

If only there were affordable tuner choices.

The Greensboro and Hartford "win" examples perhaps become fails if the off-axis stations move their NEXTGEN TV signals to their their DTV tower locations.

If only there were affordable tuner choices.

The Greensboro and Hartford "win" examples perhaps become fails if the off-axis stations move their NEXTGEN TV signals to their their DTV tower locations.
Yeah, the ONLY available outboard ATSC 3.0 tuner, is the Hd Homerun 4k. NONE of the others in his video even exist as of yet.

I got Evoca two weeks ago and really like it.
$30.00 a month including Scout receiver, guaranteed for 2 years.
I get all my locals OTA via antenna ATSC 1.0 and 4 channels ATSC 3.0.
Also my regional sports channels (AT&T Rocky Mountain and Altitude), NFL network and Weather Channel and a bunch of other channels via IPTV.
129 channels total.

I got Evoca two weeks ago and really like it.
$30.00 a month including Scout receiver, guaranteed for 2 years.
I get all my locals OTA via antenna ATSC 1.0 and 4 channels ATSC 3.0.
Also my regional sports channels (AT&T Rocky Mountain and Altitude), NFL network and Weather Channel and a bunch of other channels via IPTV.
129 channels total.
I wonder why they are in such relatively remote areas. Pretty small customer base.

Seems like a high price for such obscure channels. Not your normal cable channels. The idea isn't bad though.
The thing is that $25.00 a month is a big discount from Comcast or DirecTV to get our regional sports networks. Comcast and Altitude (Nuggets and Avalanche) have been fighting and blacked out for for three years. Only way to get them was DirecTV. Same with AT&T Rocky Mountain (Colorado Rockies). Only way to watch them was with cable or satellite.

We watched so little of the cable channels we had we couldn't justify $150.00 a month with Comcast. I saved $80.00 a month getting rid of TV with them so I am still $50.00 a month ahead with Evoca.

My wife agreed we could get rid of Comcast TV but wanted Rockies games.

I do watch the Weather Channel and the Colorado Webcam Channel is nice to veg out on. Picture quality is great on all channels.

Reactions: primestar31
Here are a couple photos of the guide, receiver and menu. There are several apps included but not Netflix, Amazon or You Tube. Nasa is nice. Guide is included and goes out for a week.

Attachments

• IMG_3160.jpeg
    IMG_3160.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3161.jpeg
    IMG_3161.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3162.jpeg
    IMG_3162.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 91
The sports channel makes sense. I unfortunately am not a sports guy, but great options for people who want to see their team and dont want to subscribe to a big service to get it. :)

Reactions: Tecnicoloco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts