Rebate Advice

moltomateo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
I know a lot of people have been missing rebates. Here are some tips to ensure you get your deserved rebate in a timely manner. (If at some point you have to call dish network, go to technical support, not billing or customer service.)

1) Mail in the completed form to the address listed within 60 days of activation or Dish'n It Up. VERY IMPORTANT: attach a copy of your billing statement showing the qualifying programming. Some posters have recommended sending the form in via certified mail. As long as you follow these steps it is not necessary. It may be frustrating even (see below :) )

2) If you don't see the credits within 8 weeks, start calling dish network. Check and see if the csr/tsr can find a note on the account from the redemption warehouse. Should say if they got the form or not. If it was denied, call the redemption house at 1-866-225-1901.

3) If you completed the form successfully, and they approved your credit, BUT you don't get your credit, have the csr/tsr email promotions management via "all pop ups." That is a quick effective remedy. Usually resolves issues within a few days.

4) If you sent in the form and they have no record of it, and there are no notes from the redemption warehouse either way, have the csr/tsr email promo management to find out what is going on.

5) COPIES COPIES COPIES!! copy everything and keep it for your records. Diligence will pay off.

6) If you were getting credits, then are missing a credit one month, there is a glitch in the billing system. It can be corrected by calling dish network. They can email promotions management to have the missing credits placed on the account.

7) You can check your rebate status here.

8) If all else fails, explain your situation to ceo@dishnetwork.com. There has been great success after emailing with your scenario.

Also, here is the FAQ provided by Dish Network.

Hope this helps,
Matt

EDIT: Added step 7 and 8, added redemption house phone number.

Last edited:
5) COPIES COPIES COPIES!! copy everything, heck send certified mail if you want so they have to sign for it.

You know someome did that to me with the Dishstore $50 rebate, and I had to wait a fricken hour in line at the post office to get it, thinking it was a gold coin I had purchased off ebay.

Needless to say, I have been getting rebate checks out to customers the next day after I receive them, but because that one paticular person wanted to be a smart ass and send it certified and wasted my time I made him wait the full 30 days as per my rules!

Personally you can send a rebate certified all you want, but if they say they don't got it, its not going to make a difference if they signed for it or not because they have no way to check in their computer!

You know someome did that to me with the Dishstore $50 rebate, and I had to wait a fricken hour in line at the post office to get it, thinking it was a gold coin I had purchased off ebay.

Needless to say, I have been getting rebate checks out to customers the next day after I receive them, but because that one paticular person wanted to be a smart ass and send it certified and wasted my time I made him wait the full 30 days as per my rules!

Personally you can send a rebate certified all you want, but if they say they don't got it, its not going to make a difference if they signed for it or not because they have no way to check in their computer!

Lol, thanks for the input. I only added that tidbit because I saw some others post it. They were emphasizing it was important to have a record of it being delivered. If there are other ways to track it without it having to be signed for then that would do . I modified the post with your input.

Rebate Form for HD Package

Thanks for the advice. About two weeks ago I subscribed to the HD Package
($20/month) in addition to the AEP I have had for several years and the CSR said he would send out a rebate form for the $10/month for 10 months discount. So far nothing though I don't have a copy of the new HD billing either so I couldn't send it in anyway at this point. Will they be sending the form or should I pursue acquiring one? Any other advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts