Rebate Runaround

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
I became a new Dish customer 6-27-06 with HD programming. I submitted the rebate form on 7-6 for the $200.00, $20.00 for 10 months. Called Dish on 8-14 and was advised the form had been received and the credit would be on the next bill. Reviewed the electronic bill today (9-14) and found a credit for $10.00. Called Dish, was given another number to call at their “redemption center.” Took 15 minutes to talk to a live person. She tells me I filled out the application wrong, that I should have checked the block for America’s Top Programming. After a long talk and three trips to review with her supervisor, she agrees that checking the Dish HD block was correct and I should be getting the $20.00 credit. HOWEVER, she cannot fix this. She will write a note to her supervisor who will then forward it to Dish HQ. Says I can expect to hear from them in two weeks. Is this runaround standard procedure or is just me?

Last edited:
just went through the same thing. I told them that I knew this would happen months ago and that I called and verified (after reading this thread) that I was going to be getting the $20 each month (I did call and she noted on my account it was to be $20).

The guy I talked to tonight told me that I would have to fill out another form. After I told him politely that this would not happen he told me it would have to. I instructed him to get his supervisor. He gets back on in 10 minutes and tells me he will ifll out the form for me and that it would take 8 weeks. I again tell him that this would not be acceptable and that I need to speak to his supervisor (not polite on this occassion). He disappears for another 10 minutes and gets back on and says he will apply the $10 bucks to my account and have the request fulfilled in three or four days. I thanked him politely and then asked him why in the F he couldn't have just done that in the first minute I was on the phone.

he thanked me and told me to have a good night - no answer.

I think Dish is just in it to make more money off of people who don't pay attention. I threatened (politely) a call to the Atorney Generals office and a lawsuit. Seemed things picked up pace when those words came out.

Why does it have to be this way? I HATE DISH's CUSTMER SERVICE WITH A PASSION. tonight only compounded problems I have since I signed up with them. Sorry to vent, but this is ludicrous.

1st thing I wouuld do is E-mail them at ceo@echostar.com! They could probally get the issue fixed quicker. Make sure to give them your telephone # so they can pull up your account.

We're e-mailing the CEO address when we have a resolution now and just want it faster? Don't think I've seen that one before. The bar just dropped a peg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)