This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reboot problem on VIP 622

Frustrated n GA

Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Georgia
Help!! Okay... I totally admit, I'm out of me league here. I know nothing about satellites.
I'm on my 3rd VIP 622 currently waiting on my 4th receiver to arrive. I'm getting nothing but BAD customer service and I am SO angry!!!! My first receiver worked for 3 years... then started the rebooting. Since I've been through 2 more 622's. No sooner are they hooked up when they start rebooting. The one I have now some days will not even power up. I just hear the fan running!
I had to go up the the 'executive' customer service level today just to get them to overnight a receiver to me instead of me sitting around till next week waiting!
We pay a lot of $$ to DN each month and I can't believe the lack of customer service I am getting. How do you get good service?? From what I read I don't think I want to go to D TV do I?? I just want this problem resolved so we can watch our tv again.
I've researched this. My receiver was plugged into a surge protector. Not anymore, but still rebooting. Also it seemed hot, so I pulled it out of the entertainment center and it is sitting on a chair. It feels cool now. Could the problem be in the wiring?? The 1st receiver worked fine for a long time??? I just don't know?? The last tech that came out Sunday was new and had not previous experience with satellites. He didn't check anything! He just hooked up the new receiver and left. The problems started 1 hour later. HELP? What should I do?? Is it the 622?? I had read the 722 was a better model maybe?? DN refused to upgrade me w/o me paying for it..... I don't know where to turn? Any advice?? Thanks so much!

Probably just got bad boxes. Nothing more. I went through two 722's in the span of a month before getting a 722k with no problems the last 8 months.

BTW. My 622 is still going strong after 3 years.

There will not be much for a tech to do except exchange the box. When a hard drive goes bad nothing can be done.

It seems that ALL 622 will have the dread continues reboot issue sooner or later.

Mine worked fine for abt 2 years then one day after a softwr update it started....they sent me another on and it did the same thing.....they sent me a third and everything is back to being a-ok,

You may what to check the voltage to see if it stable and grounded. (clean)

ultimately it came down to getting a box that worked....nothing more nothing less.

Had a customer who had stuttering/reboot issues and after using one of those cheap plug testers and 4 receivers later I pulled out my multimeter and tested the outlet. Something wasn't right with the power reading so I had the customer call out an electrician to check out the wiring. Never got a call after that.:up

Did anything change in your setup recently?
Is it connected to the television or home theater system?
What kind of connection is being used? Hdmi, component, composite...
Like the above poster.. Have you check the electricity at the outlet? Possibly something has recently shorted in the home.
Is the system grounded?
Heat definitely is a contributor to most of the failing receivers I see. Keep the new one outside of the cabinet for a while.
Coax issues will usually present themselves before causing the rcvr to reset itself. Such as signal issues, trouble running a check switch. If a braid from the shielding is touching the center conductor of the coax somewhere in your system the box will typically emit a high pitched ring when it is plugged in. Listen to the new one when you get it
With this many rcvrs being replaced I would have fully reinstalled your system replacing as much as possible.

Thanks guys for the info. Hubby is a builder so I'll ask him if he'll send out his electrician to check the outlet. It's not connected to a home theater system. I don't understand enough about connections to know how it's connected?? Hopefully I'll get a different install guy and maybe he can check some things out?? Or how do I get him to fully reinstall my system?

Explain your situation and beg him to reinstall it... lol
When setting up your next service call tell the customer service rep that you want a corporate technician if possible.

Boxes are usually sent priority or next day, and if you have the DHPP, there is never a charge for shipping. All my RMA's, a few really over 10 years, have always been next day or arrived no more than the 2nd day from initial RMA request--depending upon the time of day, but that really means the next day from the RMA facility. The only problem is if you make an RMA a day before or on the weekend; then it won't go out until Monday.