Reboot with EHD on is delayed.

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
It takes about 15 minutes to start the nightly reboot if you have an EHD powered up and connected to a 722 series. It spend the time accessing the disk--doing Lord only know what. Generally, you can un-USB and it will start the reboot. I hope my disks are still OK. I usually remember to pull the plug before shutting down, but sometimes forget.
-Ken

What U talking about?

It takes about 15 minutes to start the nightly reboot if you have an EHD powered up and connected to a 722 series. It spend the time accessing the disk--doing Lord only know what. Generally, you can un-USB and it will start the reboot. I hope my disks are still OK. I usually remember to pull the plug before shutting down, but sometimes forget.
-Ken

It takes no more time for mine to boot w/ or w/o the ext HDD. I think your USB connection may have a problem and it is resending info back and forth until it finally gets the answer it likes. Try it w/ a diff HDD if that doesn't work try changing the USB cord if that still doesn't work then there is some kind of comm error in you USB circuit.

I have 4 or 5 brands or models of EHD and if it is powered on and the USB inserted in either 722, it will access it continually for about 15 minutes starting at the set time for reboot and then finally do the reboot. Meanwhile you cannot power it on by remote. To break it loose you must power off the EHD or remove the USB while being accessed (Bad?). Why the null-effect accesses? BTW most of the disks are WD 750GB but I also have Buffalo, Cavalry, and 2 possible on a stand, all at least 1TB.
-Ken

Same type USB connector cable

I have 4 or 5 brands or models of EHD and if it is powered on and the USB inserted in either 722, it will access it continually for about 15 minutes starting at the set time for reboot and then finally do the reboot. Meanwhile you cannot power it on by remote. To break it loose you must power off the EHD or remove the USB while being accessed (Bad?). Why the null-effect accesses? BTW most of the disks are WD 750GB but I also have Buffalo, Cavalry, and 2 possible on a stand, all at least 1TB.
-Ken

So you have the same type of USB ext connector cable on them. That might be the comm error problems. Also are you one of those that has a hub connected then just turns the diff ext HDD on when you want to watch it.?

No hub. The cables have not changed. The software changed several months ago. They work fine for storage and retrieval just this annoyance and possible excessive wear when rebooting with EHD attached. Each drive has its own cable and power supply, color coded, that came with the drive.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)