Recall Channel locking up Hopper3

emtjim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Sounthern IL
Anyone having issues if you use the recall button to change channels the screen goes black and have to reset the hopper? Guide works changing channels and keying in the number to change the channel also works

Reactions: jimijam28
I have heard that there are more than usual black screen reports on this load that the engineering team is working on. You are not alone in experiencing black screens, although people have been reporting issues from more than just the recall button.

Anyone having issues if you use the recall button to change channels the screen goes black and have to reset the hopper? Guide works changing channels and keying in the number to change the channel also works
I have experienced this. It happened when using the recall to switch back to HGTV. Interesting thing to note is that it read "Delayed Live TV" at the top of the banner where it normally says "Live TV". I'm not sure why it said that but it must have something to do with it. This issue happened when I had a recording going on another channel. When I stopped the recording it fixed itself and no more black screen. Did you have anything recording when you experienced it?

I have experienced this. It happened when using the recall to switch back to HGTV. Interesting thing to note is that it read "Delayed Live TV" at the top of the banner where it normally says "Live TV". I'm not sure why it said that but it must have something to do with it. This issue happened when I had a recording going on another channel. When I stopped the recording it fixed itself and no more black screen. Did you have anything recording when you experienced it?

I was recording prime time when it was occurring, working OK now with no recording will have to see what happens tonight when recording prime time.

i am getting the same black screen when i recall- - it was happening on my local nbc channel- just be a black screen, cant get the channel back,, have too power off rec.

This does seem to happen when recording. I had it happen last night again and does seem to be the local NBC channel also. But when not recording it works fine.

I have had this happen as well - both with the recall button and without it. I think the Hopper is choking on changing tuners in and out of PTAT. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts