Received my 622 last week...HD channels are pretty weak

fenwah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
I received my 622 last week. It's a nice piece of equipment...but I am really disappointed with the HD quality of these stations. I guess I expected them to be a bit more clearer. Not too sure about a lot of the programming on the so called HD stations as well. The animated HD channel keeps playing Felix the Cat cartoons. The PC gaming channel is pretty good...but got a bit bored of it after 10 minutes. I guess I just expected better picture quality than this. I even hooked up my other HD tv and received a similar picture. HGTV HD looked pretty decent. ESPN HD looked pretty decent. TNT HD was okay (watched the Bristol race).

I hope I didn't piss away $200 to lease a HD DVR with a picture that doesn't look too HD. Oh well...football season is coming up...so hopefully my bitching will stop.

Dude, set your 622 TV output to 1080i. Factory default setting is 480i which is NOT what you want for watching HD.

mrhph said:
Dude, set your 622 TV output to 1080i. Factory default setting is 480i which is NOT what you want for watching HD.

Changed that right away after I got it...using HDMI cable with 1080i. After reading that long thread on HD-Lite, I guess that this is what we get. Yes, it's much better than SD...but I guess I thought it would be better. Does anyone else get much out of the VOOM programming? Perhaps I haven't given it enough time.

fenwah said:
Changed that right away after I got it...using HDMI cable with 1080i. After reading that long thread on HD-Lite, I guess that this is what we get. Yes, it's much better than SD...but I guess I thought it would be better. Does anyone else get much out of the VOOM programming? Perhaps I haven't given it enough time.

No you're not alone. VOOM pretty much sucks. I watch a couple things on RAVE and maybe one movie on Filmfest every couple of months..... but thats about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)