Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area

Attachments

• QuickFacts_ReceiverActivationProgram.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
For those that don't want to bother with a 10MB download (most of it is a powerpoint file) here's the summary.

The newest releases of 311 software (other receivers will eventually get it) will automatically launch this interactive program after acquiring signal, if the receiver has never been activated before. It collects the necessary info to setup the account (phone number, R00 and S00 numbers, etc). It is only for setting up a new account, not for existing customers adding a receiver.

I was going to attach the QuickFacts PDF but my browser is broken.

I've used it. It also pops up on the new software for the 625 and 322. Its just as easy to use the IVR to activate multiple recievers.

You're right Pepper, it's only for new or re-connect installations and it can only be used by installers. Still kind of cool and they can build on the future to make it easier for the installers.

i have a used it a few times... works well.... the only problem I have with it is that the new receivers are not yet able to do this, and I just don't understand why, doesn't seem like that hard a feature to put in

Actually...some 622s have this too...or at least the last replacement that E* sent my brother had it. I was helping him install it, and was surprised by it. We let it do its song and dance only to get a screen that it was only for new customers and existing customers still had to call to activate. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts