Receiver Blind scan speed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
Post And Compare Receiver Blind Scan Speeds
91w c-band
Receiver Golden Media Spark One
Scan Blind All
Video 141 FTA And Scrambled
Radio 41

Time 4 Min And 24 sec

Last edited:
Openbox S9 (original) 22 Transponders - 42 radio - 20 FTA video
Didn't scan All so as to not mess with the CH list. Time 4:00

Just ran a blind on Galaxy 17 91W C- Band
X2 premium HD
3 mins 2 sec
115 channels Scrambled and FTA
43 music

with a 10 footer mesh dish

I can offer a scan of 97W Ku. I will try my Openbox S10 and the X2 scanning all radio and tv channels:
Openbox S10: 2 min 57 sec 2nd scan 2 min 53 sec.

X2 HD: 1 min 34 seconds, 2nd scan was 1 min 37 seconds.

Upps.....That's what happens when you're getting old...thinking one thing and doing another.When you're out driving, always stay over close to the line on your right, because you never know it may be "Me" in that vehicle you are meeting.Anyhow, here's what I get on 91W C-band on the X2... 135 video, 43 radio. Time...3 Mins, 10 sec.

OpenBox S9--AccurateScan 7.5' dish. 91W

140 fta and scrambled tv channels
43 radio channels

Time: 4 minutes 35 seconds.

This is the chance for the Micro crew to compare. Dont tell me to take it personally, the post is being open 2 days and no one has show or post???

Carlos can you compare your Manhattan and the Openboxes for 91W C? I am getting a Triplex which is supposed to be fast so I am sure I will be doing a comparison of it, the X2, and Openbox.

Patience, patience, my friend Carlospr43.... Let this poor gringo enjoy a few days away from work. Sorry, no 91w C-band at my home. :D

Will post results next week for the microHD for both the normal and detailed blindscan modes with no scan parameter selection changes.

Is everyone using standard or wideband LNB and setting for the scan? Logging only valid TV and radio or including the data services?

Last edited:
Patience, patience, my friend Carlospr43.... Let this poor gringo enjoy a few days away from work. Sorry, no 91w C-band at my home. :D

Will post results next week for the microHD for both the normal and detailed blindscan modes with no scan parameter selection changes.

Is everyone using standard or wideband LNB and setting for the scan? Logging only valid TV and radio or including the data services?

There are several others which jump on your behalf on other post, let them jump in. By the way, When are we going to test a Micro down here in the Carribean????? The footprint down here is a little big away and good to test!! Any time I get an offer I will go for it! Send me a PM!

Brian are standard and wideband LNB actual settings on a receiver? I am not sure what a wideband LNB is. I have a DMX741 on my 7.5 and a Eagle Aspen Bandstacked on my 10' dish.

The Eagle Aspen B1 is a standard C-band 3.7 - 4.2ghz and the DMX741 is wideband 3.4 - 4.2ghz.

Many receivers allow the user to select the type of C-band LNB and the scan range.

Bandstacked units used with a receiver setting of the dual LO 5150/5750 double scan the 3.7 - 4.2ghz range.

To make any consensus on scan speed the LNB frequency range and the receiver LNB type, LO setting and range should be provided along with the scan time.

Example: One receiver is scanning 3.7 - 4.2ghz as a single LO, another is scanning 3.4 - 4.2ghz and another is dual LO with bandstacked 3.7 - 4.2ghz, they should find the same channel count from 91w, but the scan time will be dramatically different. A receiver might scan faster, but lose the time trial because of the LNB range, LNB LO type and receiver default or user defined parameters.

So does that mean that my Eagle Aspens will only scan from 3700-4200? That is a drag. I will probably put my DMX242 on the 10 footer tomorrow and do a scan test of 91w.

So does that mean that my Eagle Aspens will only scan from 3700-4200? That is a drag. I will probably put my DMX242 on the 10 footer tomorrow and do a scan test of 91w.

That is according to the spec sheet. Sometimes LNB(f)s will scan outside their spec range, but don't know about the Eagle Aspens.

If a satellite has no services below 3.7ghz, there is no use in scanning the extra frequency range (same as an Universal on a North American KU bird). Just adds extra time to scan wideband 3.4 - 4.2ghz instead of standard 3.7 - 4.2ghz.

If scanning with a wideband LNB(f) and the microHD, be sure to change the frequency from 3.7 to 3.4 so any scanned services will be logged.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)