Receiver Choice Question

jcrash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Tulsa
I've had Dish for 13 or 14 years. We currently have a 622 (I think) and a 508 (same).

I want to get two more receivers - one for an additional HDTV TV and one to replace the 508 (buying an HDTV for that room to replace dieing CRT).

I am a little out of date on receivers available. What receiver should I ask for? I want an HD PVR and in one room definitely just need one tuner and might or might not want two tuners on the other HDPVR we get.

Also, how much will my bill go up for these new additions?

Dish will only lease four "tuners". If you have a 622, that's two. You can get a VIP 612 (two tuner DVR but counts as one since there is no TV 2 out) and a 211 which is a tuner only. There's your 4. With the 612 you would pay DVR and Lease fee of $12.00, and $7.00 lease fee for 211. If you activate External HD service, the EHD can be moved between the 622 and 722, but not the 211. You can also pay a separate EHD fee for the 211 which will give you the ability to record on the EHD and no DVR fee. EHD for 211 is different software, and can not be used with the 622/612. OR, you could go with two 211's, saving another $5.00 DVR fee. Either way, you would have two or three DVRs (if you pay the $39.00 activation fee for the 211).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts