Receiver Connections

apollobc

Original poster
May 25, 2009
Boulder City, NV
:confused: Hello... New to DISH and expecting an install this week! I am uncertain as to how many dish connections are required to connect to the satellight. From what I can tell it takes 2-cables from the dish to the receiver? If I have 3-Receivers does that mean 6-cables are required from the dish? (1-duel and 2 single receivers). As a side note what is ment by "Agile Modulated Output"?

Thanks again for any enlightment on the subject!!

PS You guys must just hate these newbie questions... :)

Nope, Dish only needs one cable from the dish to the receiver, even for dual tuners. Three receivers three cables. I can't answer the AMO question.

About Receiver Connections

Thanks for the information guys....

I was concerned because the picture of the receiver shows 2 satellite connections??

Attachments

• sat_port.jpg
    sat_port.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Don't worry. The two tuner inputs you pictured take a thing called a "separator", via two stubby coaxes, both supplied with the receiver. A single coax comes down from the dish, and connects to the separator.

Thanks for the information guys....

I was concerned because the picture of the receiver shows 2 satellite connections??

you'll get something similar to this

dpp_separator.JPG

dish has always been great about this. after such a long time directv has begun to do a similar install. you'll be extremely happy with their hardware! by the way welcome to satguys :)

The agile modulator is a RF signal generator that provides both TV1 and TV2 in NTSC format via a single coaxial cable connection from the rear of the 622/722/722k.

You can choose the output channels for TV1 and TV2 to send to outlying TV sets so that they can be modulated into your OTA channels with minimal interference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)