Receiver doesn't see DP34 switch

blooker68

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I attached 3 antennas to a DP34. The switch is attached to a VIP211. After making all the connections, I did a 'check switch', it went through all 38 steps and all was fine - for an hour. Now, the receiver doesn't see the switch at all. I connected one of the antennas directly to the receiver and it worked perfectly. I also tried unplugging the receiver and starting from scratch, but it still does not see the switch. Next, I tried connecting only one antenna to the switch, but the results were the same. Any help out there?

As answered on DBS talk are you sure you have 3 separate DP LNBs seeing it ran the 38 Legacy tests and worked connected to a single LNB?

First of all make all the connections are correct. On the 34 switch (satellite side), the correct input for satellite hook up is: port 1) 119, port 2) 110 and port 3) 61.5 or 129. Now on the receiver side of the switch, make sure a dishpro receiver is in port 1, the dish pro receiver needs to power up the switch. (Your 211 will work) Then, connect all other receivers, port 2 and so on. Hope this helps. :up

As answered on DBS talk are you sure you have 3 separate DP LNBs seeing it ran the 38 Legacy tests and worked connected to a single LNB?

Yes, all three are DP. Also connected each antenna seperately and each satellite played perfect. Reconnected 1000 antenna and all is ok with the 211.

This is the second (this one new) dp34 that has failed, assuming it's the problem.

Last edited:
First off if your getting 38 steps when doing a check switch on a DP34 that right there tells you something is wrong.

It should be 3 steps.

Try another port and also make sure your stinger on your connector is long when going into the switch.

Received a suggestion from a long time installer. His thinking is 3 LNB's combined with a long cable run are killing the DP34's. He suggested I use a second receiver to act soley as a power supply so as to provide sufficient current. I have an old 4500 sitting around and will use that and see what happens.

difference in sat 1 and sat 2 on back of receiver?

EFF Fights Echostar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)