receiver for RV

Arkiejeff

Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
NW Arkansas
OK I have a RV and a portable dish 500 dish. I want to get a receiver for RV to use on my account. I called dish they say I must purchase a receiver from a retailer. which receiver would work best and where to find a good deal ion one? Thanks for your help.

Arkiejeff said:
OK I have a RV and a portable dish 500 dish. I want to get a receiver for RV to use on my account. I called dish they say I must purchase a receiver from a retailer. which receiver would work best and where to find a good deal ion one? Thanks for your help.

Try Dishstore.net. Great site with great deals!

301/311 have been basic reliable standard receivers. They come cheap on eBay. With the coming changes to MPEG4 I would suggest VIP211 for about $100 to future proof the purchase.

HI, you did not mention if you have HD on your home account or if you have a HD TV for the RV. If so be aware that you can use the Dish 500 for HD by re-setting the skew and pointing at 119/129 or 61.5/72.7. That would get you just about everything other then your locals and you might not stay in the footprint for the locals when you take the RV out so I might not matter.

The 211 would be a good choice.

Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts