Receiver Hell !! 3 Receivers with 3 different TP Data

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
In my attempt to get a new Azbox Premium Plus to load up (The blind scan will not work and is not working for anyone, so don't buy one of these if you are buying it for blindscan options) I went to The List and downloaded some TP info..I input it in my AZbox and no go
so, when I was setting up my new dish, I used an old Sonicview 4000 to just locate the sats, it's easy to use and scans quickly..I noted a few TP data on each sat, and was looking at my list and find that they are not the same as the ones on the List.. So I checked the TP info on a Pansat 9200HD and see they are again different... i.e. :
Pansat 9200--- Freq 4101 H/ 26398 SR
PVR 800HD--- Freq 4100 H/ 29998 SR
On most of the TP's I have a difference of 1 Mhz and SR changing all over the place, but I am receiving the same channels..
So, when I go to input into the AZBOX, it is not hitting on either of them...I guess I need to check and in put all PID and VID now.....
Any suggestions???
Which info posted is correct..? I see differences (but not much) in what The List has and what I am receiving.
All of this to try and get an expensive AZBOX to do what it was advertised to do, and it will not... but that's another thread over at AZBOX subforum.
Does the SR # need to be exact??? Will 30000 work for 29998?? Or are they actually 30000 but my receiver is reading different???
I see Ice and those guys keep The List updated right all the time, and I am not sure which way to turn here.. Perhaps the AZ is not working at all.. However I am receiving channels that are not even listed on Lyngsat any other lists but that show CBand Freq's and look to me to be KU freqs and channels, but listed as CBand on that receiver... Sheeeeeeit !!!
Thanks, HB

Wow

I have several receivers they all show different Frequencies and symbol rates but they are close enough not to worry about.

Are you sure you've put the correct settings for the LNB and other settings in the AZbox?

I am not exactly sure why you're seeing CB Band frequencies if that is even possible. Is your sat list correct and for North America? Is it possible your seeing European Sats in your list?

Last edited:
Thanks for the return..
I am in putting correctly but using a blind search on the AZBOX Today on 99W I only received TP's down around and giving me FREQ and SR's of 3043,3059 and others.
The closest C band freq on any lyngsat or other lists start at 3720 more or less, and that is what i am receiving on and hitting on the 9200 HD .
These freqs loaded up 56 channels all from the middle east, i.e Saudi1 and 2 Kuwait 234 and others that are all on the 97 KU sat and I have them all banging in on KU on that SAT. I deleted the entire AZBOX TP list..and Did the scan..it is passing right by the 4141HS2 channels and will not hit on anything above 3100, however i set the scan rate to only 100mhz so I am scanning both V and H one freq. at a time..Taking forever, and it will not hit anything I get on the Pansat (which I don't like) and the PVR 800 which has issues...So I have a Premium, but bought the Premium Plus like many others because it is supposed to blindscan and decode 4:2:2... But I am not seeing it happen.
So then I noticed the freq and SR differences, and was wondering if that was the problem.
I'm just curious if one can find a decent receiver that actually blindscans S2 and 4:2:2.
Over at the AZBOX forum, many others are having similar problems...Are you having luck with your box???and if so what are you doing..
I have spent aprox 80 hours setting up this new box trying everything, convinced that I could get it rolling and can not..
I am fine, I have more TV than I want, but i was interested in the 4:2:2 feeds and S2 easily handled on one receiver... HB

If it thinks you're getting C-band transponders when they're really Ku, you have your LNB frequency set wrong.

In my attempt to get a new Azbox Premium Plus to load up (The blind scan will not work and is not working for anyone, so don't buy one of these if you are buying it for blindscan options) I went to The List and downloaded some TP info..I input it in my AZbox and no go
so, when I was setting up my new dish, I used an old Sonicview 4000 to just locate the sats, it's easy to use and scans quickly..I noted a few TP data on each sat, and was looking at my list and find that they are not the same as the ones on the List.. So I checked the TP info on a Pansat 9200HD and see they are again different... i.e. :
Pansat 9200--- Freq 4101 H/ 26398 SR
PVR 800HD--- Freq 4100 H/ 29998 SR
On most of the TP's I have a difference of 1 Mhz and SR changing all over the place, but I am receiving the same channels..
So, when I go to input into the AZBOX, it is not hitting on either of them...I guess I need to check and in put all PID and VID now.....
Any suggestions???
Which info posted is correct..? I see differences (but not much) in what The List has and what I am receiving.
All of this to try and get an expensive AZBOX to do what it was advertised to do, and it will not... but that's another thread over at AZBOX subforum.
Does the SR # need to be exact??? Will 30000 work for 29998?? Or are they actually 30000 but my receiver is reading different???
I see Ice and those guys keep The List updated right all the time, and I am not sure which way to turn here.. Perhaps the AZ is not working at all.. However I am receiving channels that are not even listed on Lyngsat any other lists but that show CBand Freq's and look to me to be KU freqs and channels, but listed as CBand on that receiver... Sheeeeeeit !!!
Thanks, HB

H,

I told you I'd send you my Azbox channel list, hardhead...you were supposed to let me know...but to answer your questions...

Like somebody said, make sure your LO settings are right, 5150 for cband, 10750 for Ku, or 9700/10200 ( IIRC, someone help me here!) if you're using Universal Ku. IIRC also, you cant use 22k with a multiswitch, so if you're trying to use a uni with the multiswitch setup, that where ya problem is. The Mojo from the universal LNB is getting cross mojonated with the Mojo the 22k that the multiswitch needs to do its thing.

Now, from what we talked about I don't think you are using Universal LNB's for Ku, so my guess is that your LO's are screwed.

I find that my Azboxes are not real particular on Freq or S/R, BUT BUT BUT it does NOT like signals that are too close together. If you have a signal at, say, 4100, and you try to add one at 4105, it tries to overwrite the other one, wigs out, starts to smoke, starts hanging with the wrong crowd, ETC. Ya have to be real careful of that. I try to keep mine 10 MHZ apart whenever I can.

You have my email...USE it. I know you gettin frustrated, because thats what this hobby is about, frustration, they do it just to see how far they can get you gone before you freak out. There just can't be any other reason...has to be on purpose. :)

C-Band

I was thinking, yea that could be a dangerous thing but actually you can use some math and do a little here and take a little there and trick a receiver that has a ku band lnbf into thinking it has a c-band lnbf, yea I know a little off topic. But that can be done...It's just math the receiver don't have no idea what's on it...with a Linux box I know it's possible to trick them out.

If you don't got the correct settings in your install menu and your LO is wrong that can screw your pooch right fast. So you got to make sure all that is setup according to the lnb...Make sure you got the correct lnb type picked out just to make things easier.

the sat file makes a lot of difference is too, you got one that is some how got itself all twisted into a knot then a new one might need to be stuck on it. I seen that happen a couple of times, some how they get all corrupted and boy now that will mess with your ticker. So it takes you about an hours worth of cussing, then you make a desperate attempt and replace the sat file and oh my...it fixed...

Last edited:
OK OK..Stogie...I never received your e-mail with the list.....So there... or did I??? Iwas on walkabout there for 5 weeks, I think you sent it then right??? I'm sorry ...
And thanks to you and Ironsides here...
I may look stupid, and I don't know nuthin much about this here, but I sure can't figure this here out..... etc. etc.
BUT... Here's the deal and I find it interesting, and all I'm trying to do is get the AZBox PP to blind scan correctly..(but that won't happen without new software... I think)
On the Pansat 9200HD on 99w I am receiving the NBC and ABC and MEX TP's all banging in just fine...DVBS and S2 etc. I decided to start with that Sat on the AZBOX a week or so ago, because I knew I had a big lunch on the plate to digest here...(heating up my lunch on top of the Panny..!)So I carefully setup the parameters and I have the 22 off and I am scanning at 10mhz and waited about 3 hours for it to finish, and I am only logging the following TP's and channels...I do not see these low TP's listed anywhere, here or Lyngsat or anywhere..but i am logging 47 channels here on 3 TP's..
I am not logging anything on the 3777V 3225 DVBS (NBC Wyoming)
or any of the ABC Feeds at 4101H 29998 S2 or any of the GDMX feeds on 3821H 25998 (which by the way are listed on The List as 4:2:2 but I am receiving and watching at least 3 to 4 of those 8 feeds at any given time on the Panny..so they must not be 4:2:2....or maybe the Panny heard me telling you it was going to the F-ing FIRE if it didn't stop glitching, and I scared 4:2:2 into it.....)
I am, on the AzBOX only receiving the following TP's with 47 channels some Globecast but mostly the Belarus, ARTN, AZTV, TVTunis etc. etc. that one has on the KU side of the 97w Sat...
3003 Mhz 21998V
3034 Mhz 21998V
3065Mhz 20767H
3112Mhz 28122H
So I am running my Modded switch to # 1 input from the 12 ft. motorized..
then I have 3 other KU band sats fixed coming into the other 3 inputs on the small Diseq switch..It all works fine on the Pansat 9200...But on the azbox, again carefully checking everything I only get these channels...
I did just go in and delete all of the TP's that came with the box, because i wanted to see if it was blind scanning...which it is, but it is giving me stuff I've never seen on TP's lower than I thought were there..and not hitting on anything at all that I am logging on the Panny and the Sathawk800...
Are these bleeding through from the 97 Ku input on the switch and listing as C band freqs??? if so why not all 200+ channels and only 47...Then I would know that is what's happening... and RTTV and Al Jazeera and those the are booming in on very Strong TP's are not here on the list.
I went back to using the Panny because I was waiting for AZ to come up with a fix for their scanning situation, but the Panny just keeps glitching and I reboot all the darn time..So yesterday early, I started out trying to get the AZ to kick in again, but I am getting the same results..
I am wondering if I can pair the SH800 to the AZ, as it seems to be a good box, doing everything the Panny does...however the remote that came out of the box is really a problem, only working if you are directly in line with the sensor..a hair to one side or the other or up or down and the SH800 is very difficult for me to input TP's and play with, so I had set it down as well...
Anyhow.. Here I am with good receivers but not getting what I want out of any of them...and spent big bucks on the AZPP thinking it was the answer, and it's not....
I am going back in today and looking at all this and studying your replies here, and I'll get back later if anything changes....HB

Update... Going Blind, Scanning

Well, I figured out that on the AZP+ that there is an issue with my Diseqc switch.
The 3000Mhz TP's on 99wC as per above were indeed KU TP's coming from the 97wKU.
I decided I would try a scan of the 97wKU on the AZP+ and as I expected it only logged 5 of about 25 or so TP's that I log on the PanSat and the SatHawk..
The channels were the same as the ones that came in as 3000Mhz TP's on 99W.
So on the PanSat and the SH800 I have no issues running into them from a Diseqc switch with the C band Sats coming into it with 22 off, and the last 3 inputs using the KU LNB's with 22 on...1,2,3,4. No problem on 2 receivers but big problem on AZP+
Would that be a frequency problem in the switch with the AZ???
Or is that setup not what I should be using at all??
Again I come from the modded 4x8 powered switch on all 18v.with one out going to a 1x4 Diseqc switch...only acting up with AZbox P+ receiver not on others.
I decided to run directly from the 4x8 modded switch directly into the AZ and scanned it comes up with 10 TP's on the 99w with only the GDMX and ABC feeds 17 channels total...
As opposed to 17 TP's logging with the Pan and the SH and anywhere from 33 to 44 channels including S2 scan...
So...I now understand that Freq. and SR are different in all the receivers i.e the Tp's with SR's of 25998 on the SH and Pan are now showing 25997 on the AZ.
So I learned that this is not a big issue, and that was the deal with this post.
I am concerned about my switching here, and if that is correct which it seems to be, but perhaps I need another switch for the AZbox to work correctly...but it doesn't matter that much at this point, as I will wait for new AZbox updates hoping they address these issues and come out with some fixes....
Any info or links you have on a switching setup for me would be great...maybe I am just lucky with it working on the 2 other receivers..I had no idea I had a problem with it until the AZBOx scanning issues got me further into it.. Thanks for your input, HB

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 22k from the Azbox to the multiswitch is jacking with the diseqc switch commands. If you have a spare multiswitch (it can be unpowered), just to test, shut everything down and move your Ku to the second switch and another input on the diseqc switch.

I got your email, H, I just been cutting grass all day...I intend to draw up a little diagram for ya when I get a chance. but for now...try what I mentioned above. :)

Yes, I am sure that is the problem..
A drawing would help.
I think it is just luck that my setup is working on the other 2 receivers, and may be part of the problem that the 9200 is having freezing up.
I have been reading in other threads, having searched for "Multiswitch to Diseqc switch 22k"
And have found lots of info, however none of it particular to mine.
I am looking for a link to how to switch correctly with one input no 22k and the other 3 inputs 22k on... but the 22k off has those 4 LNB's on it all at 18v coming from the modded multiswitch
I will try your suggestion...I have several older but heavy duty Holland HMS-54A 5x1 switches laying around they are 40-2150 MHZ...
I'm keeping on reading here, and see if I can nail it down, maybe ask a couple of the guys over at the threads where they are dealing with switches...as this thread is going all over the place... thanks Stogie, HB

so, when I was setting up my new dish, I used an old Sonicview 4000 to just locate the sats, it's easy to use and scans quickly..I noted a few TP data on each sat, and was looking at my list and find that they are not the same as the ones on the List.. So I checked the TP info on a Pansat 9200HD and see they are again different...
Why don't you list some better examples?
...So, when I go to input into the AZBOX, it is not hitting on either of them...I guess I need to check and in put all PID and VID now.....
Any suggestions???
Again, list some examples.
An expensive Azbox? Try buying an equivalent Dreambox...
The Freq and SR need to exact enough to get the channel to come in...
Thanks, HB
Again, list some examples so we can evaluate the issue....

If you get a known good blindscan box like a Coolsat 5000 and still have the problems, that would be surprising to me...

If you get a known good blindscan box like a Coolsat 5000 and still have the problems, that would be surprising to me...

Thanks for your input. I have been hearing from others across the board that they find different receivers are logging different info, so I guess it's not a big deal, and that most likey if one wants to input info directly it would be good to have a sat list from another who is using the same box...that's my conclusion
I have a Coolsat 6000, but haven't had it out for awhile...I just use the old sonicview 4000, as they have always been so simple to use and roll right through and am only using it to aim at the sats outside in the 100 degree heat and 100% humidity I am dealing with here in the jungle.. and then coming inside and trying to get things sorted out as far a full scans go
I am seeing that the Freq's and sr's are all different.. For instance yesterday I was deleting all TP's that were on the 9200 per TP and rescanning and here is an example,
I have Lyngsat and The List latest updates at hand as an example here is what i got yesterday. The 91w sat on C
Lynsat and the list on H tp's are all logging as V on the 9200
Where the lists have 3720Mhx H @ 26700 sr I am logging on the 9200HD 3721 V @ 26998 sr The old Sonicview 3719H @ 26700
The lists: 3860 v @30000 I am logging 3862 H @ 30000

So that is what I see happening..I am trying to do a comparison on 3 receivers at this point, the 9200HD, the SatHpvr800 and the Az P+, and it seems that guys across the pond are getting their AzP+'s up and scanning now using new firmware.. I haven't looked yet, as I am just doing the 9200 this week and next week I'll get after the Pvr800 and hope to find new AZ s/w soon and then try it again
Messing with this, I was looking at Lists, and wondering "which list do I use to manually input?" that's when I noticed this problem.

I thought I had a switching problem with my setup, but it appears not.I was asking switching questions over in CBand discussion, and I think I have it right, however i may need to spend more time with the setup of TP's on the AZBOX i.e on the 9200 I setup for KU using single 10600 22khz OFF and they log...On the AZ not at all, and someone suggesting trying 22khz on but i am looking for s/w first, then go in and try all this, as I may just have a s/w problem

Bottom line, I am hoping Stogie send me the sat list he has for his AZB, which he will when he finds time, and I can manually input and see what's up here.
On all these receivers I am deleting any existing TP info completely, and letting them scan new across the board.
It appears that all receivers are logging differently, why, I don't know..but it makes it a lot of work and time consuming to hit it correctly when setting up a new receiver...
thanks again for your input..HB

Mods for your Pansat 9200HD

There are mods that you can easily do to your Pansat 9200HD that work very well and have greatly reduced the glitches. I still have a glitch once in a great while but that's very seldom. Take a look at these mods, they should work out your problems and make the Panny a desirable receiver.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/207171-heatsink-modification.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/207330-cooling-fan-modification.html

Also keep in mind that not all receivers handle switches the same way, the 9200HD does very well as it does 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 & USALS. I believe this increases it's ability and yet your other receivers may not have the same characteristics. I own many different recievers and still favor the Pansat for many reasons and especially now that I've modified it.

I also had issues with my Viewsat 9000HD and blind scan, for some reason it would scan in all of the C-band freq's in the 6000 range and yet the channels worked. I can only guess that the software is flakey and mistakenly assigns the freq's with a first digit of 6 instead of a 3 or 4.

Your varying freq issue may be a combination of many things concerning the hardware and how each receiver interprets them, in other words it may be a compatibility issue with switches, lnb's and receivers. This hobby seems to be getting more complicated all the time. :eek:

I setup for KU using single 10600 22khz OFF and they log.

If you are using that setting on a regular LNB that why you having problems. It should be 10750 unless the LNB's are universal LNB's. And if you have universal LNB's on your quad ortho it will NEVER work correctly because the LNB requires 22k to switch from LO to HIGH, and at the SAME time you are sending 22k from the azbox to select the KU LNB's. So all it will ever scan is the HIGH side of your universal LNB because the azbox is sending 22k ALL the time.

Now, if you have regular 11.7/12.2 gHz standard KU LNB's on that quad, your settings should be LO 10750, 22k ON.

My sat list ain't gonna do a damn thing for you, I don't think,because I don't do mine that way, I have a multiswitch for each dish. I don't use 22k for EXACTLY the reason you are experiencing. Yeah, it adds equipment, but makes troubleshooting a LOT easier. In your case that'd be a multiswitch for each band coming off that quad ortho.

If you still want the list I'll send it, but you might be putting more complexity into an already cocked up situation. :cool:

Thanks McGuyver for those links, and I agree Stogie, forget the list.
I have found that I am switching my setup correctly, however their may be switch compatibility issues as per McGuyver's post above..I ask for advice over at C_Band concerning the switching...And it seems I am switching my stuff correctly (hardware, that is) but I am having problems in the actual setup in the box...
Concerning the AZbox in the AZbox Forum here, a fellow posted a good thread yesterday on Blinscanning using Premium+ and Ultra..if you see that, he is using 10600...Imhaven't gotten to it yet...
I have finished working out most of the glitches on the Pansat... have all my setup information running smoothly there, so I will go this week or early next into the AZobx and try and get it rolling..there is new software for the AZBOX that smooths out the scanning process, so i was told at another forum...
I'm getting it...my idea here is to compare the 3 receivers I have here and post a topic with my results, to help others who come along... I l;ike the Sathawk 800 as well, if it weren't for the funcky blaster it comes with, it would be musch easier to setup, but that is a great receiver over-all...as is the Panny actually when one finishes straightening it out..None of them perfect.
Someone here mentioned that a group shopuld get together and design the ultimate receiver that addresses all issues and start making it...I see a fellow here modding a receiver to do just that...
My bottom line here at this post, is that it is difficult for one to come along and manually input sat data from the Lists here or Lynsat's or others, as the receivers are logging differently... the listed info gets you very very close, but not right on, so one ends up inputting 3 or 4 times or a minimum twice, trying to get a TP to shake awake and start logging....
Perhaps if the folks inputting into "lists" would state which receiver the info is logged from, that may help
Anyhow Stogie, and all, thanks for the input...I have learned a lot this past week with this here, just trying to hit it all on the nail, and that is what keeps it interesting..HB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)