Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

Over the next few weeks we will be adding a bunch Satellite Receiver Reviews.

I will be having a chance to play with a bunch of unreleased receivers in the next few weeks which will make the reviews all the more special. :)

Another exclusive feature of SatelliteGuys.COM!

Hi Scott,

Enjoying your site already.....and looking forward to those receiver reviews as I'm looking for HD receiver, it might be Dish 811, if they can get one out soon....

Jeff

Hi Welcome! Hope you register. :)

As far as I know the 811 is ready now, the problem is with the SuperDish, Echostar feels (and probably rightfully so) that the 811 is useless without the SuperDish. :)

Reactions: frank c.
You could, but you need a Dish pointing at 61.5 for Discovery HD, HBOm Showtime, the HD Events Channel and the Demo Channel as these channels will not be mirrored on 110.

If you were someone not pointed at 61.5 or 148 you would get upset if you purchased a Dish for the Wing slots only to have to replace it with a SuperDish a few months down the road.

Thanks for registering and Welcome!

I have Dish 500, so I think (if my memory is ok), I have 110 and 119 satellites.....But that would be fine with me.....I really just want SOME HD....

So if I could get a 811, I could get stuff on 110, and I think considerable OTA here in SF Bay Area.....

I want my HD, and I want it now....
;(

811 is ready now?

I have two dish 500's. One points at 61.5 and the other at 110 and 119. I don't have the 6000. I am planning on purchasing both the 811 and the 921. Will the 811 be available before the 921. Can I purchase it separately from superdish?

I would think that the 811 would come out before the 921 seeing how the 811 is cheaper, instead of coming out with an expensive HD receiver first.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Echostar feels (and probably rightfully so) that the 811 is useless without the SuperDish. :)
I'd have to disagree. I've been waiting for some time for an HD receiver, have 2 dishes up already, and would like to get some HD now, including OTA. I'll just toss the SuperDish up when it comes out but until then I'd be able to view the current offerings.
It's been really tough to keep from switching to D*.

Andy

I've been waiting for some time for an HD receiver, have 2 dishes up already, and would like to get some HD now, including OTA. I'll just toss the SuperDish up when it comes out but until then I'd be able to view the current offerings.
It's been really tough to keep from switching to D*.

I totally agree. I would like some HD now....and that means I need a receiver. I too have had a really hard time from switching to Directv.

I think they will try to release the 811 and the SuperDish at the same time before the 921 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)