Receiver setup - selecting orbital position

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfgldb

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
This is just a quick question regarding receiver set up.
I want to tune into EutelSat W2 (Im in Cyprus) to view the FTA channels, but my receiver doesnt have this satellite listed in the setup. It has the older satellite at 16 degress (Eutelsat F2) however, which as I understand was replaced by the W3 satellite. Can I use this setting, or are the satellites listed in the setup specific for each satellite, ie do they have a unique code embedded somewhere in the settings for each satellite that we can see?
This may be a naive question, but I am new to this, so wondered if anyone can help.

Thanks,

DFGL

W2

This is just a quick question regarding receiver set up.
I want to tune into EutelSat W2 (Im in Cyprus) to view the FTA channels, but my receiver doesnt have this satellite listed in the setup. It has the older satellite at 16 degress (Eutelsat F2) however, which as I understand was replaced by the W3 satellite. Can I use this setting, or are the satellites listed in the setup specific for each satellite, ie do they have a unique code embedded somewhere in the settings for each satellite that we can see?
This may be a naive question, but I am new to this, so wondered if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Take a look at ;

http://www.lyngsat.com/ew2.html

And see if the transponders ( TP's ) are the same as what is in your receiver menus . If so , should be fine . If the receiver has blind scan , do a blind scan & it will not matter anyway .

Wyr

DFGL[/QUOTE]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)