receiver setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

landon56

Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
alabama
Ok here is the problem. The other morning I turned the tv on and no pic. I had not changed anything. I have a vip222k receiver. The tv1 is in the den and tv2 is in an upstairs bedroom. tv1 is where the receiver is located. I went upstairs to tv2 turned it on and it works fine.
tv1 will not even bring up menu.
My tv at tv1 is a sony 46". It has a input button that I can select tv, hdmi 1, 2, 3 and 4 and other imputs. I can click through each one and all that is on the screen is no signal.
I also have a local antenna attached to the receiver and tried the select tv but after scanning for channels all it gets is one hd channel....Nothing on the rest....no analog stations.
Could this be the receiver or maybe the tv?

Try a BD or DVD player. Sounds like TV.

Could always temp move TV2 to hook up as TV1 to settle it for sure.

Sounds like the cable might have come loose. You could also try a different HDMI input on your TV or/and rebooting the receiver. Unplug it for 10 seconds or so then let it reset. Good luck & welcome aboard!

Ed

Sounds like the cable might have come loose. You could also try a different HDMI input on your TV or/and rebooting the receiver. Unplug it for 10 seconds or so then let it reset. Good luck & welcome aboard!

Ed

It was the tv but to be more specific it was hdmi input plug.
I did change hdmi inputs and it came up. What do you think may happen to the bad one? It hadn't been moved or tampered with.

It was the tv but to be more specific it was hdmi input plug.
I did change hdmi inputs and it came up. What do you think may happen to the bad one? It hadn't been moved or tampered with.
Glad you got it working. That HDMI port on the TV could have went bad--it happens. Or like Bobby said, could be a "handshake" issue although if it worked on a different port I kinda doubt it.

Ed

Wouldn't be the first time it was a
hands-shaking-emoticons.gif
problem rather then something wrong with the HDMI input.