Receiver Upgrade Question?

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I believe I read somewhere that Dish (or satellite companies in general) have to provide free receiver upgrades every year, or every other year. Does this have any truth to it?

Basically I am looking to upgrade my receiver. I have had it about 3 years. It is the HD VP622 DVR receiver with dual tuner and 1&2 remote controllers.

The main reason I want to upgrade the receiver, is because it seems to have issues occasionally and also because the remote controllers and not in good shape. Thanks

Man wah you smokin? FREEE FREE FREE FREE?

If your account is in good standing DISH will give you some type of deal but don't expect FREE.

Upgraded my owned 510 to a ViP211k for $25, 722 would have been $125, but with an extra $5.98 per month DVR fee.

I already had a 211 with EHD, so now I have essentially an HD 510 with an OTA tuner for only $25 (picked up a USB EHD at a garage sale for $5).

I upgraded a 622 to a 722K two weeks ago. With a 2 year contract no charge I asked for the OTA module it was 29.99. I received my bill Fri. it showed 75.00 upgrade charge with a 75.00 adjustment. I talked to retention to get the deal.