Receiver with Sound Problems

scorer1

Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I have a 942 receiver that has sound issues (it is my second one and it is no better). Whenever I am taping a program and watching another, there are gaps in the sound every 8-9 seconds. I have the receiver connected to the HDTV with the HDMI connection - no separate audio hookups. I also have a DVD player connected to the tv through the analog HD hookup. When I experience the skipping problem, I switch over to the DVD player and watch it through that and I HAVE NO sound problems at all when I do it that way. The reason that I hate to do it is if the program is an HD program, you lose HD when you watch it through the analog hookup.

Does anyone have a suggestion based on that information that might solve my sound problems? I am not tehnologically smart enough to figure out if using the DVD causes the sound to come from that rather than the 942 or what it might indicate. ANY HELP or suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeanne K.

HDMI is still an infant technology. In fact, E* doesn't have a great track record with digital audio in any form. My Sony sound system didn't really like my 921 connected via optical, but it works just fine with the 622.

Try routing the sound in a different fashion if you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)