"moving", hypothetically speaking

R

racerx

Jan 29, 2005
Texas
Gentlemen,

I am a newbie, so I hope that the following doesn't get anyone in trouble. But say that I lived ~1.5 hours from a major city that has HD locals, while my own town does not. And assume that the two towns shared the same satellite. If someone were so inclined, not that I am in any way, what would be (hypothetically) the best way to procure these channels? It would seem such a (theoretical ) waste of an otherwise (completely imaginary) sophisticated set up. Physically moving would be such a hassle. Thanks for not helping.....;)

X

miguelaqui

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 14, 2004
I "moved" once. I just gave a friend's address who had cable. I told them that I had just moved while I was taking some classes at the local college, so they could leave the billing address the same.

Last edited:
MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Here's what you do . Say you live near Houston area. Google searche movie theaters in Houston area . Once you found an address , you add an apartment # to the end of the address. Calle Dish and tell them you have moved to the same address but keep your billing the real home address. Also tell them the phone # is the same as it was. Thats all there is. The csr instantly turns on Houston locals and you get both sd and hd locals. EASY.

SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
RacerX - I love your post - you're gonna get along just fine around here. :)

And ya, people "move" ;) all the time. As long as there aren't any spotbeam issues (it is NOT just the satellite that matters!), it should work.

If E* doesn't get off their @$$ soon, I'll be "moving" 2 miles across the county line soon.