"moving", hypothetically speaking

racerx

Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Texas
Gentlemen,

I am a newbie, so I hope that the following doesn't get anyone in trouble. But say that I lived ~1.5 hours from a major city that has HD locals, while my own town does not. And assume that the two towns shared the same satellite. If someone were so inclined, not that I am in any way, what would be (hypothetically) the best way to procure these channels? It would seem such a (theoretical ) waste of an otherwise (completely imaginary) sophisticated set up. Physically moving would be such a hassle. Thanks for not helping.....;)

X

I "moved" once. I just gave a friend's address who had cable. I told them that I had just moved while I was taking some classes at the local college, so they could leave the billing address the same.

Last edited:
Here's what you do . Say you live near Houston area. Google searche movie theaters in Houston area . Once you found an address , you add an apartment # to the end of the address. Calle Dish and tell them you have moved to the same address but keep your billing the real home address. Also tell them the phone # is the same as it was. Thats all there is. The csr instantly turns on Houston locals and you get both sd and hd locals. EASY.

RacerX - I love your post - you're gonna get along just fine around here. :)

And ya, people "move" ;) all the time. As long as there aren't any spotbeam issues (it is NOT just the satellite that matters!), it should work.

If E* doesn't get off their @$$ soon, I'll be "moving" 2 miles across the county line soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts