Receiving Dish Network using DirecTV Dish and LNB

otw3

Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
I have Dish network at my camp and brought my receiver home to try and watch the game on NFL network because my cable company doesnt carry NFL. I have an old single lnb Directv dish and wanted to know if I can use this dish with my receiver? if so what do I need to do. I am only interested in watching the NFL network. I do not know at this time what model receiver I have. Can you guys help PLEASE! Thanks

A Directve single LNB(18") dish uses the same technology as a DISH Legacy system. All DISH receivers are backwards compatible to Legacy technology. Usually MENU 6-1-1 will get you to Switch test on a DISH receiver.

I can confirm the "yes" poster. I have used a legacy DirecTV dish/LNB and a DishPro receiver together successfully in the past. It will work as long as you're just looking at one satellite (119) and feeding a single receiver.

In my configuration, I fed 61.5 into an 811 via an ancient DirecTV dish - worked like a champ to pick up the HD channels. There's no reason a similar setup won't pick up 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)