Receiving Dish (or DirectTV) with existing motorized fta dish.

Dish receivers use a different LNBF configuration.

Can I receive legal prescription satellite tv with my existing motorized fta dish? Have no room for another dish and want to keep my fta access.

It is possible to use an fta dish to receive Dish Network. You would have to install one of their special lnb's on your fta dish to do so. You could buy one off of Ebay such as this one: Of course, you'd also have to have your dish pointed at Dishes satellites AND use a Dish Network receiver. You can't use your fta receiver for receiving Dish legally, as they won't authorize it. Call them, their installers can be quite clever on installing a dish if you need a special setup, or think you don't have room. Using their dedicated dish if you can somehow fit it in would be much preferable though.

If you decide to attempt it though go ask a retailer if they are willing to do it. A regular installer coming out from a call to the 800 number would not do it. As primestar said though, you would be happier with one of their dishes if at all possible, and things would be a lot better. With programming spread across at least 3 sats it would get cumbersome sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts