Receiving WVPY in Falls Church, VA

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
For about a week now I am getting WVPY in the evenings. DISH has carried it for a few years but only in SD so it is nice to get it OTA but I think it odd that I am getting it OTA on a regular basis since it is some 50 miles to the west (in Front Royal VA) and my antenna is pointed toward DC and Baltimore. BTW I only sporadically get WNUV and WBAL out of Baltimore and they are much closer.

Has anyone else in my area noticed receiving WVPY? Just curious about what may account for this sudden (and perhaps temporary) good fortune.

It is never up when I check it. I do not think that WVPY has that powerful a transmitter but perhaps they upped the power or there is ome odd atmospheric condition in play. But if TV Fool ever cooperates I will post it.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Radar-All.png
    Radar-All.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 191
even at 73 miles its Line of site (whereas Baltimore is 2edge which means it bounces off two things to get to you)

So you are getting it on the backside of your antenna? What antenna type do you have?

A Winegard HD7084P. I guess what I find surprising is that it suddenly came in. No complaints mind you. I was just wondering if they added power or if it isa temporary condition.

Well whatever the reason I will enjoy it until it disappears (if it does).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts