Recent email about new interface

shrike2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Federalsburg, MD
On 12/27/17, I got the following email from Dish:

New experience is available for your Hopper

We are excited to tell you that the latest interface for your Hopper is available to download. The new look and feel will help you navigate and find your favorite content faster. It includes many improvements while maintaining the core of what makes the Hopper, the Hopper.

The new Hopper interface will automatically download to your receiver on 1/10/2018. You can download it early through the New Hopper Experience app on the Hopper by pressing the BLUE button on your remote and selecting the app.

The picture in the email looks the same as the current CUI. When you click on learn more, it goes to Dish's site that says: New Hopper User Interface. It looks and sounds exactly the same as the current one. Is this a mistake on Dish's part or is there a new interface I don't know about? :coco

We are excited to tell you that the latest interface for your Hopper is available to download. The new look and feel will help you navigate and find your favorite content faster. It includes many improvements while maintaining the core of what makes the Hopper, the Hopper.

The new Hopper interface will automatically download to your receiver on 1/10/2018. You can download it early through the New Hopper Experience app on the Hopper by pressing the BLUE button on your remote and selecting the app.

The picture in the email looks the same as the current CUI. When you click on learn more, it goes to Dish's site that says: New Hopper User Interface. It looks and sounds exactly the same as the current one. Is this a mistake on Dish's part or is there a new interface I don't know about? :coco
What? WOW. I do not see the App.

Do you have a Hopper 2000 otherwise known as a Hopper 1?

Reactions: charlesrshell
They're probably getting ready to push it to people who don't have it yet.
I got an email something like this months ago and I downloaded it on my own. I then emailed them back asking if this was a joke, about it being an upgrade and an improvement for my Hopper 2000. Since Dish knows I have a Hopper 2000, they should know this was actually a downgrade in performance. :biggrin

They are. It was posted in the tech forum yesterday. Supposedly, they streamlined it for the H2K

How about streamlining it for the HWS? It's not quite as bad as the first release now, but still painfully slow, and IMO inexcusable for a modern device.

How about streamlining it for the HWS? It's not quite as bad as the first release now, but still painfully slow, and IMO inexcusable for a modern device.
I agree it's slow, but compared to the H2K, the CUI on a HWS is screaming.

What I HAVE noticed is that with the newest updates, Joey 2's seem much slower on all 3 hoppers

This is the response I got on Dish's site:

This is the email we are sending out for the last round of updates to the new Hopper user interface; if you already received the update to your box, your account may not have been updated with that information so you received the email.

brother has Hopper with sling and he has the new interface already on his hopper already i checked when i went to his house just yesterday and was watching tv for a little bit.

Have they streamlined the software for the HWS and Hopper 3 models too ? Just removing functionality from the code won't necessarily make it faster other than it using less RAM. That functionality is only 'loaded' when it's used. If they optimized the code, those optimizations would help ALL versions of Hoppers.