Recent email about new interface

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have they streamlined the software for the HWS and Hopper 3 models too ? Just removing functionality from the code won't necessarily make it faster other than it using less RAM. That functionality is only 'loaded' when it's used. If they optimized the code, those optimizations would help ALL versions of Hoppers.

That is assuming a lot about how the software is designed. From what I can tell, the CUI seems to be SOA in nature, which requires a minimum number of services to be running at all times and listening for input. It works well in a distributed environment, but can cause resource constraints in a device such as a Hopper. Of course, I could be totally wrong -- just sharing what I see.

Have they streamlined the software for the HWS and Hopper 3 models too ? Just removing functionality from the code won't necessarily make it faster other than it using less RAM. That functionality is only 'loaded' when it's used. If they optimized the code, those optimizations would help ALL versions of Hoppers.
I can't say for sure, but today when I force updated my HWS it downloaded and installed an "update" but is still on U242. Doesn't look or 'feel' any different though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts