Status
Not open for further replies.

tbenning

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Rocklin, CA
I noticed today whenever you click on a thread in the "Recent Threads" on the front page it now open in a new window instead of simply going to the thread. The same is true if you click on the "last post" icon in the recent threads box. I was not paying close attention, then noticed that I had 9 windows all open to SatelliteGuys.

Was this change intentional?

Sean Mota and Ilya did that. The same thing happened to me (I had 22 windows open.

Let me know your thoughts on it.

No, They were suppossed to do it so it stays in the same window, not new. I think the default was new window. when you switched servers again there change got lost I guess. Anyways just fix it so it opens in same window and the click goes to the last post

The default is the same window.

Ilya edited the code to open up posts in a new window. Not sure I like it to be honest with you.

WHOOPS! :(

nevermind. They switched around on me. At one point the request was to be in the same window, than Sean switched his request to be a new window. Well whatever just switch it back to same window!!!

BFG, I WROTE THE CODE, it was never set to open in a new window. Seans post said he would like the posts to open in a new window.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sean Mota and Ilya did that. The same thing happened to me (I had 22 windows open.

Let me know your thoughts on it.
I'm not a big fan of this change... I'm not used to this behavior.

I do really like all the other changes that have been made around here lately though. The New server is running nicely. the Software upgrade today fixed a few annoying little glitches as well.

Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing to get this all done for us. Thanks also to LER and anyone else who's been involved in these changes.

I edited :eek:

I just re-read the thread. A page back sean was saying something totally different. Either way switch it back please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)