recent VOOM article in "Fortune" magazine

SaintsFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2004
A few days ago I was at the doctors office waiting for the doctor to see my pregnant wife. Amidst all the womans mags their happen to be one that might appeal to a man so I picked it up having never read "Fortune" before, but to my surprise there was an interesting article about satellite TV. This was the most eyecatching part of the article and a quote as best I can remember. "Voom curently offers 39 channels of HD and plans to offer 53 by the first of the year" (yes the numbers are right) This is great news guys, especially for those thinking of leaving VOOM. Hang in there guys it is going to get better. :D

That article was apparently written a couple months before it was published. I think they planned to "be able to offer 53 channels of HDTV" rather than they will have that much. At the current moment, there are not 16 more channels of HD for them to add now or in the next 6 months that we can see.

All that is left for them to add that I know of are:
InHD1
InHD2
HDNET
HDNET Movies
The Wealth Channel

There will be a few more channels coming, but really, where are we going to get 14 channels without adding in the regional fox sports networks, of which you can only qualify for one.

They had a story in the Feb. issue(remember Doctor's offices only have old magazines)there is a new story in the June issue about the split of Cablevision(have not read it yet).

how could this article about 53 HD channels make it into a magazine without being first common knowledge on this forum? Where did they get the info? has it been confirmed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts