Recieve Chicago OTA in Milwaukee

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I want to recieve Chicago locals in Milwaukee zip 53219. I would "move" but I don't want to lose my RSN. Dish already put up an ota antenna; a winegard sensar. Would this antenna do the job? I would post this in the OTA forum, but it needs better exposure. Thanks!

Last edited:
I checked the site and it doesn't say anything about Chicago locals. I read online about some people who live in Greendale, WI and Milwaukee and have been able to get chicago ota. Greendale is not far from where I live. I'm just wondering what their setup was, and if the SquareShooter would do the job.

Not w/ what you have

The Sensar has no chance of picking up Chicago local OTA. Chicago is 90 miles away and the amplified sensar III is only good for around 50 miles. To get the Chicago locals you will have to have a much more larger antenna that is very high above the ground.

When I grew up in Milwaukee, the Chicago stations were a hit and miss. You generally stood a better chance the further south and closer to the lake.

People would play some big money in order to get a fuzzy picture. 40 foot masts and 60 element yagis. This was for VHF. The UHF stations were hopeless. Don't know how the digital signals would affect this, but in general they tend to have shorter fringe range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)