Recieved 75ft HMDI cable

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Got that 75ft HMDI cable from monoprice. Man that thing is a monster. New it was going to be big but thought it would be more flat than round. It is going to take some thought on how to run this. Orginal plan had it going across a couple of doorways but dont see that happening. I also picked up a 46" Dynex to hook it up to. I know what you are thinking but was all I could afford and it is for the bedroom. Think it will look ok once hooked up. I did hook it up to my 722 for a few minutes and other than having to use the wide setting for a full picture it looked ok. Seems strange that a full picture 1080i screen does not use the normal setting to fill the screen but what ever. Called Dynex about it and they said that was normal. Aspect does look right when on the wide setting. On normal the picture looks like a standard but faces and bodys are thin.

Its the same even using the antenna and recieve 1080 signals For what ever reason it needs the wide setting for HD full screen and than cinema if you want to stretch normal size. I currently have hooked to 625 and it uses normal for that or wide to fill. There are very few settings in the menu. It is just a very basic tv.

Can that hmdi cable be run outside? There is no attic in room I am coming from and cable is to big to run under carpet.

Often, the picture size button is on the remote for the tv. I have a 26 inch Dynex in the bedroom and the button on the remote just says picture.

Its the same even using the antenna and recieve 1080 signals For what ever reason it needs the wide setting for HD full screen and than cinema if you want to stretch normal size. I currently have hooked to 625 and it uses normal for that or wide to fill. There are very few settings in the menu. It is just a very basic tv.

Can that hmdi cable be run outside? There is no attic in room I am coming from and cable is to big to run under carpet.

It can go outside, but I would protect it using cable covers or conduit.

U should get a Hdmi over cat6 extender with wallplates. That's what I did and cost me a total of about 40 bucks. That's way cheaper than a 75 ft hdmi cable

I tried that. Did not work. Hoped like "H" it would. Ended up with 75' "fat boy" like OP. It worked.

My cat 6 to HDMI first worked with my 612 to bedroom TV than started to flicker and cut out a week later. I bought a cheap $20 HDMI booster (plugs into AC) and has worked great ever since

KAB said:
I tried that. Did not work. Hoped like "H" it would. Ended up with 75' "fat boy" like OP. It worked.

Must of had a bad cable. Have had a 3 way Hdmi splitter hooked to 3 Hdmi over cat6 wall plates since the 922 came out

Would like to thank you alot your help. Strung cable out temp and tried. Works great. Just have to figure out how to run. Tv has nice picture. Remote did work very good but had a 8ft piece of coax that I used to extended antenna up in air and works great now. Will call dish to take 625 back. Will be nice being able to finish watching something I started watching in living room.

You can also PM one of us DIRT members when you are ready to send back that 625. We will be able to get you a box sent out for it. When ever you are ready just PM one of us with your account or phone number.

Would like to thank you alot your help. Strung cable out temp and tried. Works great. Just have to figure out how to run. Tv has nice picture. Remote did work very good but had a 8ft piece of coax that I used to extended antenna up in air and works great now. Will call dish to take 625 back. Will be nice being able to finish watching something I started watching in living room.

I've had 2 24AWG Monoprice cables running on the outside (1 from a 622/1 from a 722K) for at least 2 years through long Michigan winters and have never had a problem. No conduit of any kind either.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)