reciever hook up

Never heard of a "super receiver"
All Dish receivers (that I know of) will work with a Dish 300.
Now if you have you receiver hooked up to a super dish then I'm not sure.

Not enough info. If the D300 is dishpro and your receiver is legacy, it will not work without an adapter. Otherwise all receivers will work with all dishes. We'd need more info about your dish type and receiver model to give you mor info.

I am guessing that he meant DishPro when he said "Dish Super receiver". If you are using a Dish300 in conjunction with any switches to hookup any other dishes to that then you cannot use a DishPro switch with a Legacy lnbf or Legacy switch with a DishPro lnbf. DishPro receivers will work with Legacy or DishPro lnbf's and switches just as long as all the lnbf's and switches are either DishPro or Legacy, not a mix of them. Legacy receivers work with only Legacy lnbf's and switches unless you have a DishPro adaptor then it can work with anything that a DishPro receiver can.

If you are using no switches then just use what ajohnson stated.

recently had my first satellite hooked up. we have a dish network with local station. have two recievers models 322 & 522. what i am trying to do is use one of my reciever at a distance location using a old dish antenna, model 300 i think. unable to find signal. wondering if the new 322 reciever and old antenna won't work together. thanks for help

Note that this is NOT a good idea to do with a x22 box. x22 requires phone line hookup and it's only a matter of time before they catch you using CallerID.

We're going to assume that this is your vacation cabin and NOT a separate family residence or such. Vacation cabin is an 'iffy' gray area for doing this - generally considered similar to RV installs. A separate residence means you're trying to 'stack' the accounts, and that's theft for sure.

So, if it's a seldom-used unit for the same family, I have no moral objection to doing this. Buy a 301 or 311 and activate it as the 3rd box on your account.

Finally, you can run into hardware damage situations when switching boxes between DishPro and Legacy. It can be done safely, but is non-trivial.

Wouldnt doing a check switch without the satellite antenna connected to clear out the switch matrix before connecting up a different type of lnbf help prevent hardware damage or is it expecting a DishPro lnbf to be hooked up for the first time for all 111, 311, 322, and 522 receivers?

You're on the right track there, Stargazer. ;)

I always recommend doing the full monty - just for insurance. Yeah, probably overkill, but why not. When moving from DishPro to Legacy LNBFs do this:
  1. disconnect sat feeds
  2. run Check Switch
  3. Pull power plug (this is typically when you move the box ;) )
  4. run Check Switch AGAIN
  5. hook up the Legacy feeds
  6. run Check Switch to git-r-done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)