Reciever in different location than account holder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redsoxfan65

Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
I am wondering if I Had a receiver put on an account of a friend in Massachusetts could I get the programming in Missouri that they have. I understand that I would not get locals. I am only looking for sports channels NESN and Comcastsports net N.E.
Will a reciever work in different part of country it was not activated for?

Yes, it would work. It's called "moving". You do have to make sure you've got a dish pointed at the satellites that NESN and Comcast Sports NE come from. I found NESN and it's off of 119' and you most likely are pointed at that already. Don't know where the other channel comes from.... If it's off of 61.5, for example, you'd need another dish.

No, you cannot put a receiver on your friends account, you must have your own account.

I have my own account in missouri, wanted to know if a third reciever would work on my system if that reciever was activated on another account with someone else. Just curious if this would work..

Again, yes it will work. Legally (per your agreement with Dish) it's called "account stacking" and you could get caught. Actually, your friend is who'd get caught because if Dish called them to check things, they ask for a always-changing number from the System Info screen that they'd be unable to provide seeing as the receiver they need to read numbers off of is a thousand miles away !

How many receivers does your friend currently have ?

Yes this is called account stacking and it is illegal...Closing Thread..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)