Reciever updates

umass03

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Due to room layout my 622 is not reachable by phone line or ethernet. Is there a wireless option? Does it matter?

You will receive updates without either of those connections, you will also be charged for the second tuner on the unit. You will not be able to order ppv's by use of the remote nor be able to use any interactive features of the receiver. There are several wireless units that should give you either connection, check with electronic stores like Circuit City, Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Due to room layout my 622 is not reachable by phone line or ethernet. Is there a wireless option? Does it matter?

You can search this forum - the 622 can receive broadband via the power line if you get the power line adapter that plugs into your main router. Or, get a wireless game adapter (usually marketed towards XBox users) for $50-$100.

I use this one - it cost me about $60 when it was on sale at Fry's. DLink and others make similar models.

USRobotics Ethernet Bridge

for $30 you can probley get a homeplug adapter...and would still be wired to avoid the $5 month no phone line thing. All you need to do is put the homeplug in the utlet near the router...and plug a cat5 from the homeplug to the router. The 622 has the homeplg built in :)

You can search this forum - the 622 can receive broadband via the power line if you get the power line adapter that plugs into your main router. Or, get a wireless game adapter (usually marketed towards XBox users) for $50-$100.

I use this one - it cost me about $60 when it was on sale at Fry's. DLink and others make similar models.

USRobotics Ethernet Bridge

Little bit more than I had in mind $$$ wise. Looks like I'll have to hold off on renting Big Honkin' Cans for a little while =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)