Recomendations for external HD

Any one have recommendations for external Hd to connect to the 622?

WD MyBook Essentials 750GB works great for me. It's very small, quiet, holds a lot and stackable for when Dish allows multiple external drive support.

I picked one up at Best Buy for $199.

I have a WD 500GB My Book. Seems to be working fine. How can you tell if it is powered down though? The light is always on. Any tips from the WD My Book users?

I am using the Iomega External USB 2.0 500GB hard drive. It is for sale at Amazon as well as other places. It is $119.99 at Amazon, or $114.95 on techonweb.com. It works well with my 622, and it priced very nicely. I have been using one which is almost filled up now, and I have a 2nd one on its way to me. (Can't beat being able to grab high-def movies for about $2.00 per movie!)

I prefer Seagate HD's but others have expressed positive experiences with WD's. It seems most have had negative experiences with Maxtor HD's so I would tend to avoid them. Some have had no problems with the freeagent and I have nothing bad to say about it except for the long term I prefer HD enclosures with active cooling. That's why I would recommend the Apricorn enclosure with its 3.5" fan that runs extremely quiet. Match that up with a quiet HD and you've got a winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts