Recommendations for New Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
My parents purchased a mobile home in Southern Nevada. There is no cable service available. They asked that I get them a Dish Network receiver and install a dish as they don`t trust someone working around their new mobile home. It`s not a big deal for me as I have done my install and have a BirDog as well as RG6 and all other items needed t do the job correectly. I also have a Dish 500 with single lnb and the Dish 1000 with the dual lnb.
My questions are:
1. They are only interested in receiving the locals in both SD & HD. Other programming is of minimal interest. Which package is recommended?
2. Which dish/lnb combination is recommended given their need for locals in both SD & HD?? I couldn`t find theLas Vegas HD locals on LyngSat.
3. Which receiver (simple non DVR)s recommended for their application?
I have always relied on input from SatGuys forum members before undertaking any satellite projects outside my area of experience.

Check the LIST on this website for subscription satellites. Should be in the top of the website on the page. Most likely Nevada would be on Western arc sats: 110/119/129. Check the sats for 129 for your locals. Also check the DISH website for locals and plug in your address and it will tell you which locals you are eligible for and what sats they are on. You will need a triple lnb dish for western arc : 1000.2 sat dish , unless they are installing the eastern arc dish 1000.4 ,with the new western arc lnb that now fits it. These are fairly new and if you can still get a 1000.2 sat dish , they will work just fine.

If they are only interested in locals why not just install an OTA antenna? You can go to antennaweb.org to find the right one for their area.

tom231 - They are in an area where an OTA will not receive reception for the locals.

TimberWolf - The Dish 1000 is the old eliptical dish with the DishPro dual lnb. I believe it would work on 110 & 119.
I`m thinking of putting up the old Dish 500 and pointing it at 129 so they could get the HD locals as they`re
not much interested in any of the other channels which are mostly not on 129 anyway.
I plan on getting thim a bare mininum plan with HD locals. Any suggestions on a plan??

Why not just sign up as a new subscriber and get the Dish America package. $24.95 for the first 12 months and then $34.95 regular price.

kikenovic - I wasn`t aware that Dish had a "locals only" package. That would be our best solution if it is still available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)