Recommendations on online retailer (parts)

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hi all
I have two 1.8 meter Channel Master Dish connected for my Hopper and Super Joey. The lnb holders are plastic and one of them broke in the midst of Hurricane María's "dismounting operation" at home. ;-)

I have "fixed" it with some strong adhesive as best as I could, and it is working so far, but I am looking to replace it, before it breaks again in the future. Being that this is such an old (but oh so reliable) dish, I am having trouble finding the replacement lnb holder.

So far I have found an option, albeit expensive, in SatPro (don't know if they have it in stock, though, it is not an info they include in their website). I know they have had mixed reviews here over the years, so I am asking for your kindness in recommending this or any other online retailers (I have also seen satellitedish.com, but I have not heard of them before). I have not been lucky on my searches...

I am enclosing the photo of the part I am looking for. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• lnb3.jpg
    lnb3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 202
Hi all
I have two 1.8 meter Channel Master Dish connected for my Hopper and Super Joey. The lnb holders are plastic and one of them broke in the midst of Hurricane María's "dismounting operation" at home. ;-)

I have "fixed" it with some strong adhesive as best as I could, and it is working so far, but I am looking to replace it, before it breaks again in the future. Being that this is such an old (but oh so reliable) dish, I am having trouble finding the replacement lnb holder.

So far I have found an option, albeit expensive, in SatPro (don't know if they have it in stock, though, it is not an info they include in their website). I know they have had mixed reviews here over the years, so I am asking for your kindness in recommending this or any other online retailers (I have also seen satellitedish.com, but I have not heard of them before). I have not been lucky on my searches...

I am enclosing the photo of the part I am looking for. Thanks in advance for any help.
I assume your particular dish has an advantage over a typical Dish Network dish?

Those "were" our particular dishes way back when. he he. It is a 6-foot dish with virtually no rain-fade, great reception.

Isn't there a "point of diminishing returns" with regards to Dish Network (and Ku band in general) dish size? Using a C-Band size dish won't prevent rain fade (at least that's what I've heard from the FTA experts over on that forum). A 1.8 meter dish is almost 6 feet; that's gigantic by Ku band standards isn't it?

Isn't there a "point of diminishing returns" with regards to Dish Network (and Ku band in general) dish size? Using a C-Band size dish won't prevent rain fade (at least that's what I've heard from the FTA experts over on that forum). A 1.8 meter dish is almost 6 feet; that's gigantic by Ku band standards isn't it?
As long as the edges of the dish are not out of the periferal vision of the lnb, the bigger the better (more signal is reflected back to the lnb). This is why Cable companies use 15-20 ft dishes, virtually no chance of rain fade.

The surface area of the dish increases by the square of the radius, more visable surface area, more signal to the lnb.

As long as the edges of the dish are not out of the periferal vision of the lnb, the bigger the better (more signal is reflected back to the lnb). This is why Cable companies use 15-20 ft dishes, virtually no chance of rain fade.

The surface area of the dish increases by the square of the radius, more visable surface area, more signal to the lnb.
There is mostly no chance of rain fade because they are also using C-Band. The bigger dish also helps to maintain that since some of signals they are receiving are not as strong as DISH Network.
Ku is prone to rain fade and will get wiped out in a down pour no matter the dish size. A larger dish on Ku will help to minimize this, but it will still get wiped out.

There is mostly no chance of rain fade because they are also using C-Band. The bigger dish also helps to maintain that since some of signals they are receiving are not as strong as DISH Network.
Ku is prone to rain fade and will get wiped out in a down pour no matter the dish size. A larger dish on Ku will help to minimize this, but it will still get wiped out.
This is correct, I use Channel Master here in the carribean, we have rain fade during heavy down pour, especially on 119 sat

Directv is the only company using Ka band for direct to home broadcasting.

I don’t think Directv has a choice and was forced to KA band because If the spacing to 101.

Even though KA has more issues with Rain Fade, I don’t really see this being an issue.

If you unhide the SD duplicates in the guide, 101 works very well with the slimline Dish which actually would have less rain fade issues than you would get with Dish.

I don’t think Directv has a choice and was forced to KA band because If the spacing to 101.

Even though KA has more issues with Rain Fade, I don’t really see this being an issue.

If you unhide the SD duplicates in the guide, 101 works very well with the slimline Dish which actually would have less rain fade issues than you would get with Dish.

Ok, why would the DTV KU signals have less rain fade with a Slimline then the Dish KU signals with a 1K4 or 1K2?

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)