Recommended feature for Dish | Sling app

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have a 64GB iPad (3rd Gen) that is WiFi only. I think it would be a nice feature to be able to transfer data from a DVR with a Sling Adapter to the iPad rather than just streaming from the DVR. I'd like to watch some of the programming at lunch at work, but can't access any WiFi network at work. I say transfer, so it couldn't appear to be copied (DRM) and run through the App instead of iTunes to placate the DRM police as well... Of course, I think it would be nice to be able to back-up the files into MP4 format on a hard drive, which would then permit me to bring them into iTunes, watch them on my iPad or AppleTV, but we all know that won't happen...

I think our last capability along those lines was for the 500 series of Archos PMPs for which a free Dish lug-in was available. Before that there was the PocketDish. :whoo:Wish Dish would add back a capability like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts