Recommended Indoor OTA antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elorion

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Arizona
Morning,

Just looking for a recommendation for a amplified indoor antenna. Hoping for it to be compact, but any ideas are welcomed. Thanks!

***Please move to the Dish root forums. Sorry :(

Morning,

Just looking for a recommendation for a amplified indoor antenna. Hoping for it to be compact, but any ideas are welcomed. Thanks!

ERSanders hit it right on the head. The best two are made by Radio Shack. The one that looks like a huge C-band satellite that you find at your local cable company goes for about $70 on E-bay. The other one that looks like the Starship Enterprise goes for $50 at the store or $35 used on E-bay.

Morning,

I bought an antenna at Radio Shack. I don't know if you would consider this an "Indoor" antenna, but could be mounted in an attic or garage. I have this outside by my dish's and I pick up 62 off air channels, all of Milwaukee, all of Chicago and one from Gary, Indiana. Being half way between Milw and Chicago helps. It is about 20 inches round, claims to have a 50 mile range (although I am pulling in stations from 62 miles away). Sells for $79 and is amplified. In my opion it's a great antenna. I'm not sure how effective it would be used indoors, but it isn't that obtrusive to have outside either. I put a link to it here, hopefully it'll work. If you put it out by the dih, you could Di-plex it into your current line running to your receiver and not have to add an additional line.

Antennacraft® HDX1000 Amplified HDTV Antenna - RadioShack.com

Actually, the Silver Sensor is generally regarded as one of the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts