Reconsidering Dish....

thak

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
NJ
Hi, newbie here with a few questions regarding Dish. I used to have dish, 4+ yrs back...but then went to cable. Now we want south asian programming, and dish only offers it.

Background, live in NJ. Already have the 110/119 and 61.5 sat hooked up. Again, used to have dish so i just checked with a receiver and these three sats are visible. I guess its a dish 500 + Dish 300 setup.

anyways...questions.

1. Does dish let you do a self install? I have the sats, and the wiring. Only thing i need are new receivers (mpeg4/HD) and diplexers (dont know if that part of "free install")

2. If so how do I go about getting the HW?

3. Is it benificial to sign up now, w/current promo's or should I wait until Feb 1. have they announced the new Promo's yet?

4. What is the lease fee? I need one HD receiver and one SD (two tv) receiver. I know there is an additional Receiver Fee, but is there a lease fee on top of that?

5. Thanks in advance for you help!

6. Place holder for more question :)

Hi, newbie here with a few questions regarding Dish. I used to have dish, 4+ yrs back...but then went to cable. Now we want south asian programming, and dish only offers it.

Background, live in NJ. Already have the 110/119 and 61.5 sat hooked up. Again, used to have dish so i just checked with a receiver and these three sats are visible. I guess its a dish 500 + Dish 300 setup.

anyways...questions.

ok

1. Does dish let you do a self install? I have the sats, and the wiring. Only thing i need are new receivers (mpeg4/HD) and diplexers (dont know if that part of "free install")
2. If so how do I go about getting the HW?

You can get this from any dish retailer and they will be more than happy to sell you the boxes "cash and carry" or set you up as a "free for all" and you can activate it by calling it in once you are set up

However, you may want to ask this question as well... will your current dish setup cover you for HD or not.

3. Is it benificial to sign up now, w/current promo's or should I wait until Feb 1. have they announced the new Promo's yet?

Going HD my answer would be yes if you are going DHA (I would call a local dealer and find out if you qualify for returning customer DHA because you get equip and install for free plus the promotions!)

4. What is the lease fee? I need one HD receiver and one SD (two tv) receiver. I know there is an additional Receiver Fee, but is there a lease fee on top of that?
just the one fee... call it additional receiver or lease fee, whichever makes you feel better

5. Thanks in advance for you help!

6. Place holder for more question :)

You're welcome and I would suggest the placeholder above for the HD question... although I am pretty sure your setup would be just fine now that I think about it. (except the whole Dish wanting to move the east coast to the eastern arc thing... but in your situation I am sure retailer services would grant the exception)

1. Same setup would work, usually adding diplexers may be extra (not included with install).
2. Don't know what is meant by "HW".
3. Don't know about any promos announced for Feb 1st. They usually just extend current promo.
4. Several HD receiver's will work two tv's, 1 HD and 1 sd. There is an additional tuner fee of $5 if you do not hook up phone line or dsl if you go this route. If you go with two or more leased receivers, HD is $7 per month, sd is $5 per month and may be changing in Feb.

P.S., I am a Dish dealer :D

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. what do you mean by "free for all"?

2. Where do i find out who my local dealer is? Im in morritown nj.

3. Do i qualify for retruning customer? Ive been disconnected for over 2 years...

edit... one more

4. What is difference for returning customer vs. new customers..in terms of promos?

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. what do you mean by "free for all"?

2. Where do i find out who my local dealer is? Im in morritown nj.

3. Do i qualify for retruning customer? Ive been disconnected for over 2 years...

edit... one more

4. What is difference for returning customer vs. new customers..in terms of promos?

1. It's a type of account where you pay for the equip and own the equip but the dealer still makes a commission so they will include your install for free.

2. Phone book or a dish CSR might refer you if you ask.

3. You should so long as you left on good terms, if the computer says no the dealer can call retailer services and they will fix it for them.

4. Not much usually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)