Record 2 HD Channels at the same time

pederb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
Oakland, CA
How can I record 2 OTA HD programs at the same time on my 942? Example Monday night, CSI Miami on ch 2 CBSHD and Medium on ch 4 NBCHD both are on at 10:00 pm. TV2 always records from ch 04.00 and HD is on ch 04.01.

Any ideas?

The 942 is only able to record 1 OTA digital channel at a time. I guess you just have to pick which one you want to watch in HD.

We love our 942, but the lack of a 2nd OTA tuner is the one major flaw of this otherwise excellent receiver. I have the same problem when I want to record both CSI: Miami and Medium. If I'm awake, I'll use the OTA tuner built into the TV to watch CSI and record Medium. It's always a tough decision when I have to sleep and can only record one show. :(

That is what the Satellite locals and the distant west coast networks are for. In my area only Cbs is in true hd and dobly digital 5.1 sound. So every Cbs show is of course recorded over the ota station. The other shows I record on the locals or the distant networks I have on the West coast. The Cbs shows look great to me , especially the CSI shows . The other ota stations in my area look just a little better than their analog stations. The Satellite locals are okay for news, comedys and soaps.

But I agree the 942 would have been great if it had 2 ota tuners. Hell how about 4 ota tuners. Might as well shoot for the moon. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)